Hello, want to be my friend? I have over 100 lbs to lose and want to be healthier.

Options
I am turning 30 this year and need to lose over 100lbs. I would like to do so before my wedding in October 2021, but most importantly I want to eat healthily (but balanced) and feel healthy. I want to be able to go upstairs without being out of breath or to work a full shift without my feet feeling like they are going to fall off. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. I want to be able to buy cute clothes without worrying if it will fit. I want to take a bath in a bathtub without feeling like a sardine and/or beached whale. I want to see photos of myself and not hate them. I want to fit in the tiny *kitten* desks in my college classrooms!

I like to play video games, crochet, paint, craft, read, shop, and watch Netflix.

If you can relate to anything I mentioned, please add me as the more friends the merrier! I also have a Fitbit and need friends there as well. :)

Replies

• Yesenia882018
    Yesenia882018 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to add people but I'll try I have to lose like 40+ pounds. I'm 31 and starting to have health issues.
  • Mileysoot
    Mileysoot Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat! Our wedding date is September 2021! I also have similar hobbies (video games, crafting, netflix). I love to garden as well. I’m aiming to lose at least 40 pounds before our big day. :)
  • _DesiFreckle_
    _DesiFreckle_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds ladies!
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello, and good luck reaching your goals to feel and look fabulous! I'm also going to be a bride. My wedding is September 26, 2020. I have about 10-15 lbs to lose before our big day, and I'm buying my wedding dress today!
  • danger1108
    danger1108 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat - wedding 9/6/21, looking to lose about 80. Please feel free to add me!
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi - I feel a little out of place here, feeling like I'm the only one who isn't going to be a bride. LOL. Seriously though... I was on MFP about 5 years ago and I had phenomenal success with it. I lost 134 pounds in about 13 months. Over the last 5 years, I've dealt with some injuries and surgeries, on top of just being lazy at times. I allowed some bad eating habits to creep back into my daily eating. I'm back on MFP to get back to where I was 5 years ago and correct those bad habits. So far, since the end of July, I've lost 48 pounds towards my goal of dropping 75 pounds. I'm always looking to add active, supportive friends on MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    I have just restarted my journey on Jan. 1st down 7 lbs.. I still have over 100 lbs to lose ...Feel free to add me ...would love to support/cheer anyone on their journey :)
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    good morning! I am in a similar boat but it's not me getting married but my daughter! and I don't want to be a fat mother-of-the-bride! lost 65 lbs a few years ago, put 25 back on. If I lost 50-60 this time it would put me at a much healthier weight! please add me !
  • niknbri1218
    niknbri1218 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I restarted on my birthday, Jan. 1. I’m down 17 lbs. so far and have 183 lbs to go. 😪 My Doctors are pressuring me to have gastric bypass surgery and that scares me. I’m really serious about losing this weight without surgery. Add me. I’m not sure how to add people, LOL
  • newlife0516
    newlife0516 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got almost to 360 before I started trying to lose weight again. I was considering bypass but found out my insurance wouldn’t pay for it. There were around 5 people I know who did it with various levels of success. I really didn’t want my stomach butchered anyway. I figured you still have to learn how to eat anyway so off I went. Down 56 pounds so far.
  • casieblizzardsjb
    casieblizzardsjb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me! I relate to almost everything you said! Add me, I'm looking for friends also 😊