15 lbs off in 25 days.

Just wanted to share my weight loss. On Dec 30th I was 15 stone 1 lb and today I’m exactly 14 stone (196 lbs). This has been achieved by aiming for 1500 calories after taking into account my exercise which so far has consisted solely of walking. My pace is pretty brisk - usually between 3.5 and 3.8 mph. My average net cals for the period is actually around 1000 so I’ve been pretty strict. I’ve cut alcohol quite drastically and totally changed what I eat from a diet of junk food and processed food to one of home prepared meals consisting of lots of veg, beans, fish, eggs, salads etc. I’ve walked over 100 miles. My partner has made similar changes so we are “there” for each other which helps loads. But the most important thing I do now is to weigh and record on the app absolutely everything I eat. Occasionally it’s only possible to make a “best guess” but almost always, with a little time and effort, everything I eat can be accurately recorded. I’ve read a few posts from people struggling to lose weight and it seems a common theme is that they estimate portion size. Hope this helps anyone struggling.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    A big chunk of your weight loss was likely water weight dropped by the change in your diet.

Netting 1000 cals per day is not a healthy way to lose weight, the lowest you should be netting as a guy is 1500.
  • GroundhogsDayAgain
    GroundhogsDayAgain Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats on the excellent progress so far, keep it up, I am down 14.5 pounds around that same time frame, around 3 weeks.
  • FinishWhatUStart
    FinishWhatUStart Posts: 9 Member
    Congrats! I’m seeing similar results (down 14.1 lbs from 1/1/2020). This weight loss is possible but I’m starting at a much higher weight, 257.7). I took my total calories (1630) and eat 4 meals a day spaced 3 to 4 hours apart, targeting 400 calories per meal. I haven’t started exercising yet (just squats while I brush my teeth and free weight exercises when I’m at my laptop).
    I expect the weight loss to slow to 1.5 to 2.0 lbs a week and that’s fine. Be happy with your results! You’re off to a great start!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!