Sooo tired of people fighting over exercise calories.

Obviously there is a big debate on this site about people eating their exercise calories, but really? Is there a need for 10 threads about it? I figure if you are eating them and your still losing weight, eat them up! If you aren't eating them and that works for you, hey, great job keep up the good work. Everyone has different opinions and views, we always will. I just think we should all have a big group hug and support each other no matter what way we are going about our journey of weight loss. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• It's an ongoing battle no matter what weight loss site you're on. I remember there was the whole "to eat or not eat activity points" endless debate on weight watcher boards when I was on those.
  • Agreed and well said! :)

For those that still don't understand, I recommend they read this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories

It helped when I first joined. Good luck everyone!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    amen to that sista!!

Everybody needs to remember we are all here for the SAME reason, to lose (some for gaining purposes) weight and feel better about ourselves!
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Agreed, my god!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Yup..that's the 100 year war X 20. lol
  • Ive just had a status up about this very thing, its not rocket science! work out what works for you, i get tired of the endless threads about it if im honest. yawn!!! x
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Agree! If you're a newb and not sure then try a couple weeks not eating them and then try a couple weeks eating them and see what works for you!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Well I'll join the MFP group hug, I think there's far too much criticism instead of support creeping on the boards recently and not just about exercise calories. Yes we all have different ideas but most importantly we need to be tolerant and respectful to others.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I have a problem eating the alloted 1200 calories a day. I don't like to feel stuffed, so I do what I can.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Right on. It gets old. So to each their own. Everybody's body is different and although the underlying functions of each person's body is the same, they do not necessarily "work" the same.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    We are all here for the same goal and to support each other, if someone asks a question about something, answer them, make comments that are helpful. Who cares what calories they log, what they write in their blogs or if they east their calories back. They are doing what they want and what works for them.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Its just as bad as the million how much protein can I have and which protein to buy, BLAH BLAH BLAH
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    :smile: Yes. . .we see this subject a lot. . .. but I think what everyone has to remember is it is not the same people each time

We are constantly getting new members on MFP. . and so naturally there are going to be repetitive questions. . . So I don't think

people that have been here for a while should get "UP IN ARMS" about it. . Just kindly point the person in the right direction so

that they can read the info or others give their opinion on the subject to ENABLE SOMEONE NEW :smile: to in turn. . look at

different opinions and make an educated decision. . .

May there be lots of love and kindness passed around in here. . :flowerforyou:
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Is there a need for 10 threads about it?
    Make that 11. :laugh: Let's start a new thread to fight over non-exercise calories. That'll shake 'em up a bit. :bigsmile:
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Use the SEARCH function!
  • speckledbandit
    speckledbandit Posts: 16 Member
    THANK YOU! Thank you.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    I agree!! =] some people think they need to eat them.. others feel differently. I dont understand why people get so bent out of shape about it either. I think everyone has their own plan in their head about what they want to do.. whether you tried the plan they decided on and it worked or not doesnt matter.. it might work for them! We all have the same goal here.. well most of us.. and its to lose weight (some to gain some to maintain) but still, its all in the same category.. I say we just support and give advice when its asked for or appropriate to give =]
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    :smile: Yes. . .we see this subject a lot. . .. but I think what everyone has to remember is it is not the same people each time

We are constantly getting new members on MFP. . and so naturally there are going to be repetitive questions. . . So I don't think

people that have been here for a while should get "UP IN ARMS" about it. . Just kindly point the person in the right direction so

that they can read the info or others give their opinion on the subject to ENABLE SOMEONE NEW :smile: to in turn. . look at

different opinions and make an educated decision. . .

May there be lots of love and kindness passed around in here. . :flowerforyou:

I agree =]. The new people dont know the "rules" yet lol.. give them a break! Also, if you see a thread about a topic you have already read about then skip it! Its not like there is a suprise when you open a post.. it has a title. Is it bothering you THAT much that a repeated topic takes space on the message board? lol.. I mean really.. just skip it and go to a topic you would rather read about!
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    I agree =]. The new people dont know the "rules" yet lol.. give them a break! Also, if you see a thread about a topic you have already read about then skip it! Its not like there is a suprise when you open a post.. it has a title. Is it bothering you THAT much that a repeated topic takes space on the message board? lol.. I mean really.. just skip it and go to a topic you would rather read about!

Yeah. I don't mind the repeat posts. People have questions and also they don't always want to just use the search function to look up old threads or the stickies - sometimes they just want to interact with other people in the community.

What gets me is how angry people get. We all have different views and we won't convince people who don't want to be convinced. If you're sick of the topic, don't read the thread and if you do, don't let it irritate you.

Some people are muppets, I'm ok with that.
    :happy:
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    different strokes for different folks. I try to never debate something that has to be so personal, since different things work for different people.