Confusing body changes, please help😭🙏

Options
Hello MFP fellas, i would like to thank everyone that has answered and replied to my previous posts, i really appreciate it. Now i have another problem and i need help and answers
1. Lately i see that i have gone down (i mean like my neck is very visible now, i can see the bones in front and my arms reduced a lot compared to before) but the issue is that my scale doesn't seem to see that and I'm like stuck in the same place for almost 2 weeks now. It's definitely confusing
2. I seem to be getting fairer since i started my weight loss journey, is this normal👀
3. Please someone should help me with good protein foods, i always end up eating more carbs and less protein than recommended though i try to eat other proteins like chicken, eggs, milk, yogurt and fish( i don't like cheese so i don't normally eat that) well if you know any high protein low carbs food that i can add to my meals please do help me with it.

Thank you, i await your replies😊

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    1. The scale is not going to go down every week; two weeks of no change on the scale is normal and most often caused by water fluctuations. You may be losing fat, but normal water weight fluctuations can keep that from showing up on the scale.
    2. That's a super interesting question. At first, I assumed that weight loss would not change your skin color...but then I did some research! It turns out that in obese people, fat cells have been found to produce an excess of melanin (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081029121812.htm). There's not a lot of research on this at all, but it seems plausible that as one loses fat, the body may produce less melanin. Isn't that interesting? (However, if you think there's anything weird happening with your skin, please see the doctor!)
    3. High protein/low carb foods are primarily going to be animal products, as most plant proteins have carbs. Tuna and egg whites are both efficient and cheap low-carb proteins, so you might try just eating more of some proteins you're already eating. Are you using the MFP default macros, or did you change them to something else?
  • Jassaph
    Jassaph Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    1. The scale is not going to go down every week; two weeks of no change on the scale is normal and most often caused by water fluctuations. You may be losing fat, but normal water weight fluctuations can keep that from showing up on the scale.
    2. That's a super interesting question. At first, I assumed that weight loss would not change your skin color...but then I did some research! It turns out that in obese people, fat cells have been found to produce an excess of melanin (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081029121812.htm). There's not a lot of research on this at all, but it seems plausible that as one loses fat, the body may produce less melanin. Isn't that interesting? (However, if you think there's anything weird happening with your skin, please see the doctor!)
    3. High protein/low carb foods are primarily going to be animal products, as most plant proteins have carbs. Tuna and egg whites are both efficient and cheap low-carb proteins, so you might try just eating more of some proteins you're already eating. Are you using the MFP default macros, or did you change them to something else?

1. I pee or even poop in the morning before i weigh myself just to be sure that nothing is holding me back, but it still turns out the same way sometimes it even goes up. I mean though i sometimes eat extra calories now but it not that much
    2. Actually i kinda like my new color 😚🙈, it's nice on me and so far nothing bad has come out of it. I just needed to make sure it was normal
    3. Yes, i changed it to 45% carbs, 30% fat and 25% protein
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Jassaph wrote: »

1. I pee or even poop in the morning before i weigh myself just to be sure that nothing is holding me back, but it still turns out the same way sometimes it even goes up. I mean though i sometimes eat extra calories now but it not that much
    2. Actually i kinda like my new color 😚🙈, it's nice on me and so far nothing bad has come out of it. I just needed to make sure it was normal

Going to the bathroom isn’t the same thing as clearing retained water. By that, I mean your body retaining water or losing it due to things like inflammation due to exercise, or the menstrual cycle. All of those things are normal, but they can take a few weeks to subside.

The scale isn’t going to go down every week. That’s normal. As long as you know you are in a consistent calorie deficit, then you will lose fat. Now is a good time to make sure you really are in a consistent calorie deficit; you can do that by weighing and logging ALL your food, getting as close to your calorie goal as possible each day without going over.

25% protein isn’t unreasonable. I was just concerned that you might be trying to get way more protein than needed :)
  • Jassaph
    Jassaph Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Jassaph wrote: »

Going to the bathroom isn’t the same thing as clearing retained water. By that, I mean your body retaining water or losing it due to things like inflammation due to exercise, or the menstrual cycle. All of those things are normal, but they can take a few weeks to subside.

The scale isn’t going to go down every week. That’s normal. As long as you know you are in a consistent calorie deficit, then you will lose fat. Now is a good time to make sure you really are in a consistent calorie deficit; you can do that by weighing and logging ALL your food, getting as close to your calorie goal as possible each day without going over.

25% protein isn’t unreasonable. I was just concerned that you might be trying to get way more protein than needed :)

Lol😂😂😂, thank you. Am just trying to get a good amount of protein in