Getting started

Options
Hi!! I am new at this program and I am looking forward to some changes and motivation. I am not needing I am wanting to lose 25 pounds to feel better about me. I have been reading a couple of post to try to figure which way to go. But in many ways when you start reading about diets it could get very confusing on what to focus on. I want to hear a little about what worked best for you. Counting calories or no carbs. I have a coworker that’s doing the carbs counts “Keto” but he advise that with that you lose more fat than anything, he weighted himself and he lost only 2 pounds but he feels lighter. So please share what worked better for you. Wish me luck 😊

Replies

• sdenness9925
    sdenness9925 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good luck, youve got this
  • mrsbutt2012
    mrsbutt2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck hoping to do the same
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I'd highly recommend taking a read through this link, it's from the Most Helpful posts on the Getting Started board:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

You don't lose more fat on Keto over the long run. What happens is you drop a lot of water weight first and then might see a slightly higher rate of loss the first few weeks, then it evens out. I believe several studies have shown it's no better/worse than any other method of creating a caloric deficit. Some people just find fat more satiating so it helps them stay in a deficit. That's not to say you will.

The simplest thing to do, is find a way of eating that will work for you in the long run by making small changes to your existing diet. Calories are what matters for weight loss, everything else is about long term adherence and nutrition/health.

This is another great thread too https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

• dg4464
    dg4464 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Best thing for me was just to workout more. Watched what I ate but didn’t diet.
  • mygoalfor2020
    mygoalfor2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all that took a moment to share your ideas. I think I will just stick to eating healthier foods and working out daily as I already do. I just need to hold off on breads and white rice. They have been my toughest to let go. But I got this 🤞🏻💪🏼
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on keto (dirty keto, not strict keto). It's the only 'diet' I can stick to. I lost 65 lbs with it early last year but quit and gained 50 or so back. I've been back on it since September and down 40 lbs. You just have to find what works for you that you can stick with.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    0p6rwwkwl5ji.jpg
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Got to find what works for you so try both