Amazing tomato recipes?

Options
1smemae94
1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
Does anyone have any recipes that i can use? I have and will have a lot of tomatoes from my garden and am running out of things to do with them. Preferably vegetarian/vegan, but if it has meat that's ok too, i can make it for my family. Thanks alot!

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    This is my favorit !
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/gazpacho-ii/detail.aspx

You can also make some salad out of it with mozzarella, basil and a bit of olive oil.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    This chicken chili would taste delicious with fresh tomatoes instead of canned and you could easily replace the chicken with beans.

I found that it made about 8 servings with 230 calories each (using bonless, skinless chicken breasts)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-chili-recipe/index.html
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    fresh pasta sauce....cook whole tomatoes 1 cup or two.. with 1/4 cup water....add salt to taste chop a few leaves of fresh basil..about a tablespoon of olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic...bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes...great on pasta or pizza I like spice so I add a sprinkle of chili peppers.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get fresh basil from the farmer's market. Chop it up, add it to sliced tomatoes, add a little olive oil, and a little sea salt. Really simple, fresh, and delicious.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to slice them up (thick or thin) and place them on a baking sheet and put pesto sauce on top of each then sprinkle parm cheese and then add a slice or sprinkle moz cheeseon each and broil them for 3 minutes or until the top of the cheese is starting to get crispy..yummy!!! Not sure of the calories it them. Would have to see if I can find the original recipe.
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're a fan of bloody marys, but my boyfriend found a to-die-for recipe for them and we tried it out the other day with tomatoes from my mom's garden. It was incredible, and pretty light on the calories for a cocktail!
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Made an awesome one the other day: made a vegan pesto (basil, oil - you can reduce to make it healthier and replace w/ some lemon juice/water, walnuts, garlic. salt, and nutritional yeast flakes), cut the tomatoes in half, core it, then fill with the pesto mixture, put more nutritional yeast flakes on top of the tomato/pesto and broil for a little while. mmmm
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Or, in a pita with some sprouts and homemade soy mayo. Awesome.