SAHMU 60 Day Challenge **Week 7** (Closed Group)

WEEK 7 Challenge:

**Thank you Lynda (losinit_4_good) for creating this weeks challenge)

Nutritional Challenge:

Calcium – meet or exceed your calcium goal every day. Worth 1 point

Strength Challenge:

Build muscle tone in your arms as well as bone strength to help prevent osteoporosis

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/get-healthy/fitness/8-arm-exercises-for-women

Complete full workout (all 8 exercises, 3 x a week, with one day’s rest in between workouts) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

Added bonus, keep this as part of your routine to see some serious definition within 4-6 weeks!!

Cardio Challenge:

Burn Baby Burn! Cardio this week is all about stairs, stairs, stairs! Did you know that jogging up and down stairs for 5 minutes burns approx 130 calories? Add some stairs into your normal routine. 5 minutes x 3 days this week (do it on your rest days from the strength challenge!) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

(If stairs are too high impact substitute another exercise that burns a similar amount that is outside your regular routine. I just like stairs because it's such a fast way to burn a decent chunk of calories)

Calorie Challenge:

Set your goal in the spreadsheet created by Karie don’t just meet it, exceed it! If you’re up for a challenge, increase your goal by 5% from last week. Remember something as simple as running those stairs will significantly boost your calories for the week = 1 available point

Emotional Challenge:

We’ve all been working hard for weeks. We’ve all lost weight. And hopefully, we all feel empowered by our demonstrated self control, we feel connected to our fellow SAHMUers and we feel optimistic about the future. But at the same time, I’m willing to bet we all have moment’s where we feel like giving up. Why? Because this is HARD!!! So this week’s challenge is to write yourself a note. Something short and sweet that you can keep in your wallet, or stick to your mirror, something you can pull out to remind yourself of how far you’ve come. Think of that girl you were before starting your weight loss journey. Think about how much better you feel now and give yourself a freaking compliment! Cuz you deserve it!!! Worth 1 point.

Commitment Challenge:

Log on to MFP every day! Check in on the calorie burn spreadsheet daily once you have completed your workouts. Keep on track of your points and report in daily to show all your fellow teammates how committed you are to your team (not to mention making it easier on your captain to add up the final tally)! Post an encouraging note on the main thread or your team thread everyday! Report daily 7 days a week to earn 1 available point.

Total Available Points: Max 10

Nutrition – 1 point

Strength – 3 points

Cardio – 3 points

Calorie – 1 point

Emotional – 1 point

Commitment – 1 point

Replies

• SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 177 Member
    I'm having to replace my Fiber tracking with Calcium for the week since all my slots were already full!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    I'm having to replace my Fiber tracking with Calcium for the week since all my slots were already full!

I better do that too! Thanks for reminding me. LOL
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    I thought meeting calcium requirement is going to be difficult, but thats ok... I did exceed it yday.. :-)
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    The calcium will be the hardest thing for me! But I will give it a good go!!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Hi everyone :)

I have been tracking calcium for a few months and would never reach or exceed it, unless I had ice cream since I don't drink milk and hardly ever eat yogurt. But, yesterday, I decided to go and get some Calcium vitamins since I would really need them now for this challenge. As luck would have it, I went into CVS (drugstore) and they had 3 bottles clearanced for $1.45 each. I picked up all 3 bottles and as of yesterday started taking them. And wouldn't you know it, I exceeded yesterday and will again today (probably without the vitamins, lol).

My hardest part of the challenge is going to be the arm exercises. I don't own any weights, so I did them today and just doubled up the amount you are supposed to do for the ones with weights. And since we don't have any stairs in our home, I will be completing all the steps exercises at the playground in the 90+ degree heat....I figure that will help me sweat even more, LOL.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'm excited my aunt & uncle are getting here within the next couple of hours and are staying until Saturday. I haven't seen them since March (my aunt is like a mom to me---I don't have a relationship with my mom), so I most likely will have to have a rest day for tomorrow because I want to spend as much time with them as I can.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Hi everyone :)

I have been tracking calcium for a few months and would never reach or exceed it, unless I had ice cream since I don't drink milk and hardly ever eat yogurt. But, yesterday, I decided to go and get some Calcium vitamins since I would really need them now for this challenge. As luck would have it, I went into CVS (drugstore) and they had 3 bottles clearanced for $1.45 each. I picked up all 3 bottles and as of yesterday started taking them. And wouldn't you know it, I exceeded yesterday and will again today (probably without the vitamins, lol).

My hardest part of the challenge is going to be the arm exercises. I don't own any weights, so I did them today and just doubled up the amount you are supposed to do for the ones with weights. And since we don't have any stairs in our home, I will be completing all the steps exercises at the playground in the 90+ degree heat....I figure that will help me sweat even more, LOL.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'm excited my aunt & uncle are getting here within the next couple of hours and are staying until Saturday. I haven't seen them since March (my aunt is like a mom to me---I don't have a relationship with my mom), so I most likely will have to have a rest day for tomorrow because I want to spend as much time with them as I can.

I dont have any weights either, but I use canned food, like veggies or something. It works!
  • Hey all! I did the arm exercises while the babies ate breakfast.. they were looking at me like I was a nutcase lol!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I am replacing calcium with carbs....I need to know where I am with the other macros.....calories/fats/sodium/fiber/protein! I obviously didn't get enough calcium before cuz I have been trying to find stuff to eat to max it out....I love skim milk but it makes me.....ahummmm, not regular, if ya know what I mean!! Love yogurt and cheese but gotta watch the fat then!!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    I'm going to need to get calcium vitimins for this challenge, it's soooo hard!!!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Hhmph! Interesting-- I've been tracking my calcium for a while, and I pretty regularly meet it. That said, I grew up on a dairy farm, so getting my milk in is pretty routine!
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Good Luck this week everyone!!! Calcium is much needed so I think I will do the supplements as well LOL..well see how tomorrow goes..if I can do it I'll stick to it adn get the help if not I'll change it up to carbs or sodium cause those 2 are my killers! Have a great week!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Hey girls! Glad everyone is talking about the calcium challenge. I suggested it because I know personally I don't generally get enough in a day and I figured I probably wasn't the only one. But holy smokes! I didn't expect it to be so hard! I don;t drink milk so I've really realized that I need to make a more conscious effort to take care of my bones. My hubby is off tomorrow so I am sending him to the store for more calcium chews to keep me on track. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Completed the arms challenge for today...I've got to go change my settings to track my calcium though. Have a great week everyone!
  • NewLife_11
    NSV tonight:happy:
    Today was a bit hectic for me, being gone for 4 days with my Husband here made my house look as if it had not been cleaned in months, he is horrible at keeping up with our house. I spent the whole day cleaning, I was able to get a bike ride in to my dad's house this afternoon but I knew it wasn't enough. When my husband got home from work I couldn't help it I WANTED to workout so bad so I told him I was going to go for a walk, it was dark already but I felt I needed and WANTED to go. So I starting walking my normal path and then after 5min decided to jog it, I ended up jogging for 20 min even when it started to rain about 10 min in. It felt so amazing, I feel so different about exercise it is enjoyable to me, it is something I long for and if I don't fit it in my day I just don't feel good about it. So I am proud to say that I accomplished this after a long day, I did this for me!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Today was a bit hectic for me, being gone for 4 days with my Husband here made my house look as if it had not been cleaned in months, he is horrible at keeping up with our house. I spent the whole day cleaning, I was able to get a bike ride in to my dad's house this afternoon but I knew it wasn't enough. When my husband got home from work I couldn't help it I WANTED to workout so bad so I told him I was going to go for a walk, it was dark already but I felt I needed and WANTED to go. So I starting walking my normal path and then after 5min decided to jog it, I ended up jogging for 20 min even when it started to rain about 10 min in. It felt so amazing, I feel so different about exercise it is enjoyable to me, it is something I long for and if I don't fit it in my day I just don't feel good about it. So I am proud to say that I accomplished this after a long day, I did this for me!

That's awesome! I feel off when I don't get a good sweat in also!! Who would've thought!!?
  • NSV tonight:happy:
    Remarkable! Truly inspirational =)
  • NewLife_11
    Thanks Ladies!!

So I changed my info to show my calcium and my goal it set was 100 but I went over by 92 today, I take a calcium vitamin but now I am confused, is it bad to be over?
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member

How wonderful!! You must feel great!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 321 Member
    Thanks Ladies!!

So I changed my info to show my calcium and my goal it set was 100 but I went over by 92 today, I take a calcium vitamin but now I am confused, is it bad to be over?

I am not sure, I was wondering the same thing though. I take a malti vitamin that has my daily calcium in it, so I wasn't sure how much more I should try and eat?!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Had my doctor's appointment today and I'm trying really hard to focus ont he positive.

Good side: She was super proud of me for taking control of my weight. She's been my doc for 12 years so she has watched me steadily gain so it was nice to know she was impressed. Also, very impressed with my dedication and 31lb loss so far. Her suggestion was for me to eat more as she fears I amy not be getting enough nutrients on my 1200 calrie diet. She was very supportive in my efforts for long term ,steady weightloss and maintainence.

Not so good side: "Long term, steady weight loss". I can't deny it - I want to lose weight FAST! THey way my loss has slowed for the last month has really scraed me and she explained all things I already knew but didn't want to belive: that I lost fastin the beginning b/c my body was so unused to healthy decsions, that plateaus are normal, that this is going to be a long, hard journey with no quick, easy solution. I wanted to cry! I want a quick easy solution~!!!!!!

Anywas, focusing ont he positive. I've lost .7lbs so far this week and that's a step in the right direction. I'm going to take her suggestion and steadly increase my calorie intake a little bit at a time (watching the scale like a hawk) and we'll see how that helps. Slow and steady wins the race and I know that in then end it will be worth the pain and sacrifice. Just right now, All I can think of is how my bikin dreams for next summer have just drowned in a buckey of lard

Doesn't change the fact that my goal for this weekend was to eat healthy and workout twice as hard. I figure since I have 3 days off from work, I have no excuse not to burn baby burn!!! :