Is prenuim worth it

Options
Is prenuim mfp worth the money ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Nobody can answer that for you. You'll have to look at the features and determine if they're worth it *for you*. For me personally, there are no premium features that are worth the cost.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Depends what you want to use the app for.

If you just want to manage your weight and general nutrition, personally I think not, the standard version is perfectly suitable for it.

If you've an extra keen interest in things like meal timings and nutrition by meal, then yeah it could be worth it but there are plenty of workarounds for a lot of these things in standard version too.

For example - meal timings is a premium feature, but you in standard you can add a food called Meal Time and just use the serving as a 24 hour clock figure.

For meal nutrition in grams, you can save the items as a "Meal" and see the nutritional amounts.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    From what I hear, the main features are no ads and better nutrition/macro checking. Others can correct me if I’m wrong.
    Worth it to some I guess. I don’t think it includes any upgrades to MapMy{Run,Walk,Bike,Fitness} app if you use that as I do.

The daily food, exercise & weight tracking and the community message boards in the free version suit me fine.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The ads annoy me a lot so I have premium. I’m serious about losing my weight and don’t need to get fed up with MFP so I just pay the fee. That’s just me though.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    slade51 wrote: »
    From what I hear, the main features are no ads and better nutrition/macro checking. Others can correct me if I’m wrong.
    Worth it to some I guess. I don’t think it includes any upgrades to MapMy{Run,Walk,Bike,Fitness} app if you use that as I do.

The daily food, exercise & weight tracking and the community message boards in the free version suit me fine.

Just for clarity, premium uses the exact same database for foods as the free version. So if you’re looking for more complete or accurate entries premium will not do that for you.