Keto- HELP!

Options
I’ve been following the keto diet for the past 3 weeks and I’m struggling to know what to eat in terms of variety. I’m a fussy eater and I’m definitely eating too much protein and boring food!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Options
    What kinds of foods do you like? There are thousands of combinations that you can eat. Things can be simple like steak and eggs, or more complicated like garlic cream shrimp. Essentially, you can explore foods based on the things you like most. I often look for asian and Mexican combinations of chicken (i.e., deconstructed egg roll or Chipotle chicken bowl).

Join the LC group and look at this thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest

I post meals fairly often.
  • melanie_marie78
    melanie_marie78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I adapted most of my old recipes to be more keto friendly. I still make chili, I just don't put the beans in. I still have taco Tuesday, I just have taco salads now. When I'm craving Italian food, I'll make meatballs parm, or unbreaded chicken parm. I use almond flour to make fried chicken tenders. I browse Pinterest a lot for other recipe ideas and created a keto board full of stuff that I like. There are lots of options out there! What did you like to eat when you weren't doing keto?