Push Through

7Liana7
7Liana7 Posts: 56 Member
So yesterday I broke one of my big toes and before (as in the past few years) I would have used that as an excuse to just not exercise until all was better, therefore never actually getting into the habit of exercising.
I don't know if the stars aligned just right but I feel so focused on getting fit after 3 pregnancies that even a broken bone won't hold me back from getting there.
What's a big optical you had to push through and overcame to accomplish getting fit?

Replies

• johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Pizza night at planet fitness
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Giving af what ppl think - was always too insecure to go to gym in the past cause I was so out of shape- hell im still the smallest dude in the gym - but I just don’t care anymore , cause no one gives a chit what I’m doing - been going consistently for about 9 mths now- we gotta start somewhere- chit don’t change until we do right ?
  • 7Liana7
    7Liana7 Posts: 56 Member
    Obstacle**
    It was a very minor break. Nothing I can't work with/around. It's just before I kept using every little thing in my life as an excuse. Pizza night at Planet Fitness seems like it set a lot of people back do they do healthy protein snack nights as well?
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I had to get to the point where I was doing it for myself and not anyone else. Been working out consistently for 5 months now and cant imagine life without it.

This.
  • jenkio
    jenkio Posts: 1 Member
    Just wondering if anyone has had the flu? I have been struggling with influenza since last week Tuesday and am going mad not being able to exercise. I feel so run down and have a terrible cough and when I try activity the cough gets much worse. Dance class last night was a struggle to get through and spent most of it coughing. Exercise when sick? yay or nay?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    My favorite parking spot at the gym was already taken.

I was devastated.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My favorite parking spot at the gym was already taken.

I was devastated.

It’s the worst !
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    jenkio wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had the flu? I have been struggling with influenza since last week Tuesday and am going mad not being able to exercise. I feel so run down and have a terrible cough and when I try activity the cough gets much worse. Dance class last night was a struggle to get through and spent most of it coughing. Exercise when sick? yay or nay?

Please stay home if you have the flu.