Piercings and tattoos

Replies

• PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    Love both!! Have had a few piercings that have closed up but iv always had my belly button pierced. Love it! As far as tattoos love them. Absolutely love them and i want some. But Havnt yet.
  • Denise8284
    Denise8284 Posts: 12 Member
    I have 11 tattoos all which mean something to me
    Have 6 piercings currently
    Had more in the past

Love tattoos on men ! Find it very sexy
    Find it sexy on woman actually too

🤘🏼
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    bz2018 wrote: »
    saintor1 wrote: »
    Not a fan of tatoos. I can't believe that people mutilate themselves PERMANENTLY. Not smart.

Your opinion is completely fine. I am not bothered at all if you don’t like tattoos, or my tattoos personally.. you don’t have to look at them, your opinion does not hurt my feelings. However I feel like you are not subjected to manipulate anyone’s opinion or thought on tattoos and what anyone chooses to do to their own on body. Usually close minded people do not enjoy body art, That is totally fine. I could understand if they were gang related, which speaking for myself none of them are. People get tattoos for x amount of reasons and individuals like this should at least understand reasoning.
    Sometimes people go through things and it’s a coping mechanism VS coping with drugs for example. I feel like yes you should only take it so far like not inking your face but, no word of a lie, some of the nicest people I have ever met are covered.

Love this. Agree all the way
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    I have 4/5 tattoos (4, but modified one later), and ear piercings. 3 of the tats can be seen in my profile pics. Have to get pictures of the others. One of the missing ones is very similar to the avatar I currently use. Would like to get one more that would cover the majority of my back. It has been in the design stage for over 10 yrs.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Tats -- Right lower leg I have Little Red Riding Hood, Left calf I have a tribute to my cousin Q, Right shoulder blade I have a tree frog that I've named Clyde, behind my right ear I have hearts & stars, and my left arm is sleeved with lilies, a heart, and a compass. My Q is black and the Little Red Riding Hood is mostly black & grey with red highlights, but all the others are full color. Since I have acquired these over the last 25 years I have no idea how much $ I have spent in total. I have plans for more but right now I'm saving for a new house so tats are on hold.

I also have my nose pierced.

I love tattoos on others, good thing cause my hubby has so many I have lost count!
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    PopRox90 wrote: »
    bz2018 wrote: »
    Not a fan of tatoos. I can't believe that people mutilate themselves PERMANENTLY. Not smart.

Your opinion is completely fine. I am not bothered at all if you don’t like tattoos, or my tattoos personally.. you don’t have to look at them, your opinion does not hurt my feelings. However I feel like you are not subjected to manipulate anyone’s opinion or thought on tattoos and what anyone chooses to do to their own on body. Usually close minded people do not enjoy body art, That is totally fine. I could understand if they were gang related, which speaking for myself none of them are. People get tattoos for x amount of reasons and individuals like this should at least understand reasoning.
    Sometimes people go through things and it’s a coping mechanism VS coping with drugs for example. I feel like yes you should only take it so far like not inking your face but, no word of a lie, some of the nicest people I have ever met are covered.

Love this. Agree all the way

I appreciate you.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    So glad I stepped up when my teens wanted a tatoo and forbade them. Ten years later, now in their adulthood, none has one. Good.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    So glad I stepped up when my teens wanted a tatoo and forbade them. Ten years later, now in their adulthood, none has one. Good.

I waited until I was 40 to get my first. :D

Most recent was done at age 53.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

None that you can see
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

You sound like such a pleasant person to be around...

And now that your kids aren't teens, they could have tattoos and you wouldn't know. A friend of mine had a tattoo from the time we were in high school that she hid from her grandfather for YEARS because of his attitude toward them. She just hid it with makeup all those years until she moved out of their house and finally told him.. when she was in her late 20s.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

Hey, I'm 66 and a HALF and I want to get my first. :)
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2020

I’m so proud of you.
    I encourage you to check out my sleeve on the first page though lol. 🦾
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Are you a fan? - Oh so very much so
    Do you have any? - yes I do
    Are you preparing for any? - yes I am
    Pain tolerance? - Eh... that's what smelling salts is for
    Price? - Affordable
    Colour or black and grey? - Black and grey is my preference but I do have a color tat planned soon
    Favourite style? - All of what I have are of different styles. The right artist makes the right tat.

I got my first tat at 30. My daughter got her first tat (a sleeve in my honor) at 26.

I also had my tongue pierce for many years. Working up the courage for a couple of more piercings ( @George_of_the_Jungle inspiration).

IDGAF what anyone has to say or thinks about them. Its not anyone's business but mine.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member

This makes me so sad. My dad made me wait until I moved out of his house before I got any, and I did. I started at 24 and haven't stopped. My tattoos mean so much to me, they truly are a part of who I am spiritually and physically. I love the process of deciding and committing to my next piece, I love getting it done, I love seeing it at the end. I love the entire process.

But my dad, who is also my best friend, refuses to share any moment of it with me. He says he likes tattoos, but not on me because it gives people "the wrong impression" and if he took part in it (like joining me while I get one, or getting one together, or even talking about what they mean to me) he would be supporting it and he refuses to do that.

It is just really sad when parents take this stance. To each their own, I just wish people weren't so close-minded about things.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

This makes me so sad. My dad made me wait until I moved out of his house before I got any, and I did. I started at 24 and haven't stopped. My tattoos mean so much to me, they truly are a part of who I am spiritually and physically. I love the process of deciding and committing to my next piece, I love getting it done, I love seeing it at the end. I love the entire process.

But my dad, who is also my best friend, refuses to share any moment of it with me. He says he likes tattoos, but not on me because it gives people "the wrong impression" and if he took part in it (like joining me while I get one, or getting one together, or even talking about what they mean to me) he would be supporting it and he refuses to do that.

It is just really sad when parents take this stance. To each their own, I just wish people weren't so close-minded about things.

I’m sorry your dad can’t share that with you.

My mom at first didn’t believe mine was real. She said,”Wash it off!” And, “Use soap!” But then she began to laugh and for years after would say, “Show them your tattoo!” Now she says “Show them your muscles!” It means so much to me because it’s definitely not her thing but she is more than accepting that it’s mine.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    edited January 2020
    Huge fan of both.

Have eleven separate tats (and they blend together nicely) and a couple more planned. Each holds a very special memory for me. (Especially the ones I got with my boys!) Pain wasn't a deterrent by any means, LOL...In fact, only one stands out as being particularly painful. Most of mine are in color. I can't even begin to guess what I've spent on them, as I've been getting them since 1992. :wink:

Ear lobes are pierced (2 on one side, 3 on the other), 1 tragus and 1 cartilage, nose, tongue and navel. Don't often wear jewelry in my tongue, anymore, though.

I have to keep my ink limited to what I can hide at work, and my jewelry conservative, otherwise I would have more of both (eyebrows pierced and a sleeve!).

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Are you a fan? - Oh so very much so
    Do you have any? - yes I do
    Are you preparing for any? - yes I am
    Pain tolerance? - Eh... that's what smelling salts is for
    Price? - Affordable
    Colour or black and grey? - Black and grey is my preference but I do have a color tat planned soon
    Favourite style? - All of what I have are of different styles. The right artist makes the right tat.

I got my first tat at 30. My daughter got her first tat (a sleeve in my honor) at 26.

I also had my tongue pierce for many years. Working up the courage for a couple of more piercings ( @George_of_the_Jungle inspiration).

IDGAF what anyone has to say or thinks about them. Its not anyone's business but mine.

16uieedt12a2.gif
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm 46 and just got #7