Same weight, 3 sizes smaller

lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
I know I should have pics here, but don't have time to go host them somewhere. sorry. All pics in my profile

Anyway. First time around on here I started at 172. I'm 5'9. I wasn't huge, but I was slow, pale, lazy, and somewhat flabby. I wore a size 14 pant, though I was still straining to stuff myself into 12s. Started with walking, then running, then a combination of martial arts (krav maga) and stronglifts5x5. I ate a net of 1550 and lost 1.1lbs/week for the next 6 months or so. I found my ideal for me at 145 and a size 6. (140 made me ribby without showing abs) See bikini pics.

After recomp for a few years and maybe 150lbs (and a lot of pump and flex of course) see my mudrun pic!

Years I kept my ~30 pounds off for years without logging, then life happened. Even when I got divorced, got a promotion, moved to China, moved back, had a bout of vitamin D deficiency fueled depression, I managed to keep it to 155ish. After getting chronic migraines which come with increased appetite and complete and total exhaustion, I ended up at 179.8. Ouch.

Now, almost NINE years later, I'm back at 172. I'm a size 8. Bathroom pic (sorry). I can run, I can fight, I have guns. NO idea what my goal weight will be this time around!

Moral of the story is that the scale is a GREAT indicator of short term progress but a completely crap indicator of overall size, fitness, and looks in the long run. Take pics and measurements! Don't get stuck on a specific number that you "should" be. Also reminding myself of this!

Last thing: remember to love yourselves. It's all a journey, a process, a learning opportunity, life.

Replies

• lilawolf
    Lol. I guess not posting pics is a deal breaker... :'(:D
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    You don't need to host them somewhere, just upload from your computer :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    if 3 sizes smaller and photo is current, you may not need to lose any more fat. You look pretty slender.
  • lilawolf
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    You don't need to host them somewhere, just upload from your computer :)

Ha! Shows how long its been since I've used MFP! So much faster!!! Thanks
  • lilawolf
    gothchiq wrote: »
    if 3 sizes smaller and photo is current, you may not need to lose any more fat. You look pretty slender.

That corset is a size too small now, that was several years ago, but thanks! I think that was my best look too.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    This is an excellent example of that truism that turns up from those who've been there: weight is one data point of many. Love your fierce face in the 'recomp and pump' shot!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!