Hello!

Options
Hi! I've been trying to lose weight for about 8 months now. I've lost some on various diets, but have about 30 pounds to go. I'm just having a heck of a time staying motivated. Just thought I would check MFP out to see if it would help. Anyone have any suggestions on how to stay motivates for longer than two weeks?

I look forward to meeting you!
Have a great day! :happy:

Replies

• val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    New here and seeing if my signature works! LOL
  • klouh14
    Options
    Hey there, i have the same problem. i cant keep up with it. this is my first time too and i need some motivation as well. I feel that it is a mental task more than anything. my biggest problem is portion control and late night eating...plus the fact that i dont like to exercise very much.
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have motivation problems as well!! I am motivated now to do Zumba every day but my knees start hurting so bad I cant handle it. Today was one of those days. :( Didn't get my exercise in and went over my calories. Gonna try alternating days with strength training with Zumba, hoping to take the stress off of my knees until I get used to working out again I guess. Having someone to keep you accountable would definitely help. I have a friend that checks in on me every couple days and asks how I am doing with everything and will get on my case if I am slacking at all!! So maybe find a friend or someone here that can keep you on your toes!! Good Luck!!
  • emc1014
    emc1014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I take pictures of myself naked. I also give myself treats when I lose weight about every 2 weeks. It doesn't matter how much I Lose, I give myself a facials, pedicures or buy something nice, but I don't treat myself with food. I notes on my calendar about how I am feeling, I put inspirational pictures on my fridge :)