Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

1818284868797

Replies

  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,934 Member Member Posts: 1,934 Member
    Over the next few weeks, I want to get my sewing room properly packed for transport when we move. Apart from possibly tacking up a hem, I don't see that I'll be doing any serious sewing until we either have a new house or I'm on maintenance. We don't have a house yet, but any packing up like this is useful against the day that we discover, OK, seven days to pack and get out of this house!
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 2,899 Member Member Posts: 2,899 Member
    @Gisel2015 Thank you for the comment, sweet of you to care...

    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Good for you for humbling yourself and selling what you can! I just listed breastmilk storage bags for sale. I will clear out some space in the pantry when those are gone!

    @theleadmare Way to chip away at it! I hope your move is smooth.

    I'm going to get rid of some more things today, but what...I do not know yet...
  • NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Member Posts: 4,447 Member Member Posts: 4,447 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Gisel2015 Thank you for the comment, sweet of you to care...

    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Good for you for humbling yourself and selling what you can! I just listed breastmilk storage bags for sale. I will clear out some space in the pantry when those are gone!

    @theleadmare Way to chip away at it! I hope your move is smooth.

    I'm going to get rid of some more things today, but what...I do not know yet...

    THANK YOU Char for posting this! I think you listing your items for sale is wonderful, because you're getting rid of something you no longer need and someone is going to get something they want and need. I haven't yet sold anything, BUT...your post is encouraging me to "get to it" sooner. <3o:)<3
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,777 Member Member Posts: 3,777 Member
    I continue to clean-up and organize (and throw away), papers every day. Today it was my desk's turn. What I don't need or want was shredded, and what I am still "thinking" about went to the corresponding folder in one of the drawers. At least they are out of sight. Once I have the time, I will start cleaning those folders too. The desk looks clean and tidy. Hope it last!!!

    My next step is to check and organize one of my storage cabinets in the office. It holds a lot of the greeting cards that I get from the organizations that I support, plus old pictures, and other things that I will soon find out ;) . My greeting card organizer is full so I ordered one from Amazon and as soon as I get it, I will dig into the cabinet with all my might and soul :) .

    @NewLIFEstyle4ME: Congratulations on completing another goal (#6 this time). One day at the time will win the race.

    @LoveyChar: Thank you for your kind comment. By the way, I didn't know that breast milk storage bags existed. Oh dear, I just gave away the fact that I am old!!

    @theleadmare: Good luck finding a new house and with all the packaging that you are planning too. No easy to do both things at the same time.

    @ReenieHJ: What a sweet story that was, and nice memories too.

    @Madwife2009: Good job in keeping your bedroom organized. I like the idea of photographing the artwork. I may need to do that too.

    @cory17: nice of you cleaning that high % of papers. And maybe seeing all the extra cluttering that your mom accumulated thru the years can help you and your husband not to do the same. That is what I am trying to tell my husband…

    That's all for now ladies, and have a great Friday and weekend.
  • cory17cory17 Member Posts: 613 Member Member Posts: 613 Member
    @loveychar This is a school and went into "recycling" bins but it being LA, kindof doubt whether really is happening. But noticed that the more I went through and saw useless, & more useless (& guess got tired of it), the easier it was to just throw it out. So much waste but pointless to have it all just sitting there. Guess that applies to everything else.
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 2,899 Member Member Posts: 2,899 Member
    @Gisel2015 I read your post about decluttering and organizing papers the other day. This, too, is one of my problems and I am working on this also.

    Ladies, I had a productive day! I decluttered and I'm still working on it but soon, when I have more time, I will share my progress with you lovely ladies!
  • mi_nina_lolami_nina_lola Member Posts: 767 Member Member Posts: 767 Member
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    One of my goals for 2020 is to stop wasting time and energy on people and things that don't reciprocate my efforts. I'm also not going to "force" anything that isn't working for me or doesn't feel right. I'm not going to do things just because I feel like I should or just because someone else wants me to.

    this! needed to read this at exactly this moment. thanks for the reminder :)
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,777 Member Member Posts: 3,777 Member
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    One of my goals for 2020 is to stop wasting time and energy on people and things that don't reciprocate my efforts. I'm also not going to "force" anything that isn't working for me or doesn't feel right. I'm not going to do things just because I feel like I should or just because someone else wants me to.

    this! needed to read this at exactly this moment. thanks for the reminder :)

    I agree!!!!! <3
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,777 Member Member Posts: 3,777 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Gisel2015 I read your post about decluttering and organizing papers the other day. This, too, is one of my problems and I am working on this also.

    Ladies, I had a productive day! I decluttered and I'm still working on it but soon, when I have more time, I will share my progress with you lovely ladies!

    Good for you Char, but I warn you that it is a never ending chore. One day everything is neat and in order, and the next a bunch of papers show up out of nowhere that need to be checked or read before throwing them away. Just take one day at the time. The good thing is that once you get rid of the big pile of unneeded and unwanted things, the rest will be easier to handle. Good luck!
  • snoo61snoo61 Member Posts: 549 Member Member Posts: 549 Member
    Got some dusting done yesterday. Today I got all the things dad sent with the dog sorted out and put away. Too many old towels, but I'll sort them when I'm taking dog rugs to the shelter.
  • LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 2,899 Member Member Posts: 2,899 Member
    I love reading these decluttering stories ^^^, all of them! I got rid of two big, full bags of recyclable paper last night and I'll get rid of more "stuff" today, although, I haven't figured out where to start yet. Just start, just do it, right?!?
Sign In or Register to comment.