Happy Weight...try it!

Options
I was playing around on the computer and found a "Happy Weight" calculator from SELF magazine...try it!!
for me...it confirmed that I need to lose weight...haha but still fun! :tongue:

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight

Replies

• dhutch33
    dhutch33 Posts: 25
    Options
    I was playing around on the computer and found a "Happy Weight" calculator from SELF magazine...try it!!
    for me...it confirmed that I need to lose weight...haha but still fun! :tongue:

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I think this is for women only.

it said my happy weight is 171. Yeah....riiiiggghhhttt.

That would put me at about a 19 BMI and would cut out about 12 lbs of muscle.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Mine was 2 lbs higher than I am. Wonder what the premise is for the calculation :happy:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Ok so I tried, it has me alittle lower than my goal,
  • dhutch33
    dhutch33 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think this is for women only.

it said my happy weight is 171. Yeah....riiiiggghhhttt.

That would put me at about a 19 BMI and would cut out about 12 lbs of muscle.

Sorry about that one...yep just for women! :smile:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    it says I should be 108, LOL, My goal is 125. I can hardly imagine being 125 let alone under 110.
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm trying...it's not giving me a number. It keeps sending me to a chart where it says I need to pick my frame size...but my frame is chosen. Am I doing something wrong?!?
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Got it...sorry! It was telling me that 20 was too young, but it wasn't bold or red or anything so it didn't stand out.

I changed my age to 21 and bam, there it was!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    yeah...not sure if the number it gave me would be my happy weight.....it's 20 lbs less than I weigh now....
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Mine was 115, 5 lbs less than my goal... don't think I wanna go quite that low..
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    This was pretty true to what I want my goal weight to be! My GW is 140 pounds (I weigh 160 right now). It says my "happy weight" is 137.5. I could live with that!:bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing!!
  • weesel80
    Options
    This was pretty true to what I want my goal weight to be! My GW is 140 pounds (I weigh 160 right now). It says my "happy weight" is 137.5. I could live with that!:bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing!!
  • weesel80
    Options

Thanks for sharing!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    104 lbs....lol...not gonna happen! I'd have to lose 26 lbs!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Mine was 145! I would have to gain 15. I don't think I would be happy. I wonder why some of us get a higher weight and some are getting so much lower.

I have 3 kids, and now I just put in that I didn't have any children and then I got 139 lbs.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    huh? mine said 145 as well for a medium frame and when I switched it to small frame it came up as 138
    That seems a little high FOR ME

Kim
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hope it is only for woman, It said I should be 167. That wont happen
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wow 119 for me my goal was 120ish but when I hit 150 I will look back into my goals
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Mine was 160 lbs first, then i switched my frame size from large to medium, but it's still 149 lbs...I think i'm aiming for 135-140...I guess I'll finally be a skinny minnie then!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ahh, it put me at 120 lbs. My current goal is 135...or 130. I don't remember which, but 120 almost sounds like a dream. That was middle school I think.:sad: