Any threads for >400 lb starting weight?

Options
SuzMac1981
SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
Well, here I am again. I had successfully lost 160+ pounds from 2011-2014 but >:) happens and I gained it all back and more. I am starting over again.... and REALLY need support. PLEASE link me to any groups that could help me (starting at over 400 groups, age in the late 30's groups, single moms groups, starting over again groups, etc).

Thank you! <3

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Specific threads, I'm not sure, but the Larger Losers group has some people that are in this category (or formerly in this category), even if it's not specifically catering to 400 lb+ folks.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

I started from very close to 400 about a year ago, 386.6.
  • joezmom13
    joezmom13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started at over 400lbs. Full disclosure I had weight loss surgery. But previous to the surgery I had lost and gained quite a few times. one time I lost almost all of my extra weight and then gained it all back again. this is the only time I have successfully kept the weight off for 3 plus years. However, I still need to lose 100lbs. but I did lose 160lbs with the help of the surgery and have maintained that.. It's still a struggle with the weight loss surgery but at least I am not as hungry as I used to be.. It's a major surgery and if you can lose the weight on your own I would totally do that..,but if you ever considered surgery, know that the wait list was at least 1 year long. Anyway, I know you can do it on your own and My fitness pal is amazing to help. Good luck
  • Ragamuffin14
    Ragamuffin14 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SuzMac1981 wrote: »
    Well, here I am again. I had successfully lost 160+ pounds from 2011-2014 but >:) happens and I gained it all back and more. I am starting over again.... and REALLY need support. PLEASE link me to any groups that could help me (starting at over 400 groups, age in the late 30's groups, single moms groups, starting over again groups, etc).

Thank you! <3

@SuzMac1981 I started my own group called Started 2020 in the 300s and have invited many folks in the same boat. .... You are more than welcome to join me, although I am not over 400, I Could easily be if I don't change my habits soon 😉

There are a couple in this group that are over 400, basically I just wanted a place to post all the time and feel really safe about it, because i can kick out any negative Nelly who makes people feel uncomfortable.

Anyways, I post often and it really makes a difference on my motivation, I like to put everything in one spot if I can, so if you want to join me I can promise to nag you every once in a while to see where your at hehehhe, it will be ablong journey for all of us if you take away the bumber.

Just let me know and I'll send the invite!!!
    Hugz, Lyn