For the ladies: makeup question

Options

Replies

• MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    loreal million lashes mascara is the bomb diggity. I have colour stay at the moment, but dont like the coverage as much as my rimmel match perfection.. and even that i'm fussy about. Struggling to find the perfect foundation!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    MAC! i love MAC- tried Avon and bare minerals---can't find anything better!! :)
  • WordToYourMamma
    Options
    I LOVE MAKEUP! I try all different kinds and am very particular. My foundation is Estee Lauder DoubleWear Light Coverage. With a makeup brush it is applied for perfectly. Then to set it I dust with Nuetrogena Mineral Foundation. Flawless, I mean flawless. AND LIGHT! Then blush, I use Estee Lauder but only cause I am a fussy one. I really think blush is where you can use a cheaper one. Um....I am obsessed with mascara and people are amazed my lashes are real. Invest in good foundation and mascara. I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear Mascara in More Black. I applies about 8-10 coats (and to be honest I always ask for a sample of their Sumptuous line and combine the two for both effects. I use Cover Girl eyeliner (black). I think you can cheap out here too. I only apply cover-up to the inside corners of my undereyes and use a good undereye cream so it blends naturally.

I have been experimenting with make-up for years and get compliments all the time from people. I think you really have to do your homework and experiment if you want to make it look good.

And always use a moisturizer with sunscreen to keep your youthfulness!
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    Inglot eye shadow (can be bought online) its comparable to MAC only cheaper and maybelline falsies flared mascara is my new favorite!!
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I really like hard candy. I get it at Walmart. It's reasonably priced. The tinted moisturizer is amazing. It doesn't look like a mask kwim? Just a little tint to even out your skin tone. The eye colors are fun. And their mascara is better than anything else I've tried at that price point. Their liquid eyeliner is the only one I've ever been able to get to go in straight. I used to use a lot of nyc products because of the price... But I find the hard candy brand looks nice all day and costs just a bit more.. I do still use nyc loose translucent powder if things get too shiny though.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well if I just feel like putting on or I'm not really going anywhere important, Covergirl. If it's a night out or a job interview, I use my MAC products :) I bought eyeshadow ($15) lipliner ($10) and a lipstick ($15) from there. Unfortunately it's expensive but they're really worth the money, especially if you use make up a lot. The eyeshadow stays on forever! As do the lipstick and lipliner.
    Except my mascara. I only use one kind of it after trying many, and that's the Maybelline Great Lash. I stand by that stuff. It's cheap and it's the absolute best!
  • sammyj321123
    Options
    i use all sorts of brands but find boujoir really good for my make-up, depending on the make-up ie eye liner mascara foundation ect but i no loreal mouse foundation made my skin react really badly and it went dry and flakey when i used it but atm i have rimmel 24hr and it's great and a cheap superdrug bronzer for my blusher (amazing) and a expensive victoria jackson for eye shadow and lip stick so it all depends on what works best for you, id try a few things out first and see what works best as everyones skin is different and what make work for one person may not work for another
    xsamx
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love certain E.L.F. products, and certain ULTA products, and I love bare minerals, and cover girl lash blast mascara, and I LOVE Urban decay eyeliner.
  • tashkoos
    Options
    HI! I am a makeup artist and in order to give you a true recommendation I would need to know your skin type (dry, oily, combination) but for pricier foundations I recommend NARS sheer glow for dry skin and NARS sheer matte for oily skin for more affordable drugstore foundations my number one recommended foundation is Revlon color stay they offer a range of colors dry/normal skin and a range of colors for oily/combination skin choose the kind for your skin type. If you want your foundation to last then use a large fluffy brush and lightly dust some translucent powder on top to set your foundation (best to do this after blush). For blushes, lipsticks, lipglosses, eyeshadows, etc. I recommend sticking to Revlon, Loreal, Rimmel, or Maybelline. I personally stay away from Covergirl, Covergirl may occasionally have some good mascaras but I find that the majority of their products are low quality and have low pigmentation. If you are willing to spend a little bit of money on some makeup and have a Sephora near you I would recommend going in and asking for some help finding a good foundation for you they have great employees and a great return policy if you get home and don't like the foundation a few days later. You also will have an easier time finding a matching color since there are testers of everything. I recommend buying a higher end foundation because with a good foundation all your other products don't matter as much.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Check out makeupgeek.com There are a TON of great guides. Also try watching Makeup Geek and Michelle Phan on youtube too. :D
    :flowerforyou:
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Urban Decay, Revlon, Physicians Formula, Loreal, Nars, Makeup Forever.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i used to use Clinque, but recently switched to Origins. Their foundation is much better match for me and I don't look "made up" .
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MAC (Sharkskin Shadestick and Golden Olive pigment) and mark bronzer from Avon.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I love MAC for everything except their mascara. Love their foundation!

I went to my local macy's and got a makeover at the MAC counter. They did such an awesome job with helping me pick the right product for my skin type and showing me how to apply it.
  • Lisajoy1
    Options
    I use a combo of MAC and Aveda. I love the natural look you get from Aveda, but MAC is killer on the eyes! LOVE LOVE their shadows.....a little more spendy, but worth it and it stays on all day.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used Bare Minerals and Loreal for my eyes
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It depends on the product, but my favourite brands are MAC (I own so much MAC it's actually a bit ridiculous) and Urban Decay. I also use Clinique, Estee Lauder, Boots No7 and a few others.

I use lots of different foundations - still on the hunt for one I really love (that comes in a shade pale enough for me). My favourites so far are Revlon ColorStay (liquid) and Lily Lolo (powder).
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Reading all these replies makes me realize just how cheap I actually am. I get my make-up mostly from the dollar store. But, the absolute BEST mascara that I have ever used was Dior that I got from Sephora. That stuff is amazing.
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For foundation it has to be clinique. just had some smashbox eyeshadow and eye liner and really happy with them x
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay. I've loved Mary Kay ever since I was a little girl and my mom had a party. My first make up when I was a teenager was Mary Kay, and both my girls are the same.