What's the most dreaded part of your workout routine?

Options
MissLea0424
MissLea0424 Posts: 54 Member
I honestly love working out and exercising. Makes you feel really great. The only thing I dread is the pain in my left foot from a heel spur. Multiple times a day the sensation of pain is like walking on a broken foot ( I know what that feels like, I've done it twice having 2 different Jones Fractures ). There is little I can do about it aside from making sure not to wear the wrong shoes and taking anti-inflammatories twice daily. I mostly just have to deal with it. 🤷‍♀️

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    What I hate most is the walking through the cold and rain out of the house to the car and from the car to the gym. Once I'm in the gym and out of the cold, things are better. Is surgery not an option for that heel spur?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Leaving the house
  • MissLea0424
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    What I hate most is the walking through the cold and rain out of the house to the car and from the car to the gym. Once I'm in the gym and out of the cold, things are better. Is surgery not an option for that heel spur?

It is after every other effort is exhausted but I really don't want surgery because it'll lay me up for a few months. Plus I have an aunt who has dealt the same issue and it didn't help her. In fact, she had her spurs removed as well as her fascia muscle cut and both grew back and the pain resumed.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Shoulder day, ouch!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

It is after every other effort is exhausted but I really don't want surgery because it'll lay me up for a few months. Plus I have an aunt who has dealt the same issue and it didn't help her. In fact, she had her spurs removed as well as her fascia muscle cut and both grew back and the pain resumed.

I have a similar problem with my left ankle -There is old damage there. I broke it too many times. It hurts after squats & I limp sometimes. I'm looking into getting it fixed.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I HATE lunges. I HATE them. I would not do them if they weren't literally the best exercise for you. I also hate cardio ALL FORMS. Despise it. I row for 5 minutes and that's all I can stand. It's boring and not enjoyable - I'd rather just lift.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Moron drivers behind the wheel of their vehicle. (I'm a cyclist.) Oh...and Wind.
    cycling + wind = brick wall.
  • zeekngreatness
    zeekngreatness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Soreness I hate it..
  • MissLea0424
    Options
    Soreness I hate it..

Soreness sucks! The one thing that makes me more sore than anything else is squats and lunges.
  • zeekngreatness
    zeekngreatness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Soreness I hate it..

Soreness sucks! The one thing that makes me more sore than anything else is squats and lunges.

I kind of like those lol idk why but back workouts ?? Kill me please..who needs a nice muscular back anyways lol
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    embrace the sorness
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Squats. I've never been able to do that motion fully. I played baseball/softball when younger, and any time I had to get in the catcher's position, I was on a knee, or had a hand in the dirt. I just never felt secure, or controlled, or balanced, or "comfortable" in the deep squat position to ever actually choose to do it.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Planking

I have injuries to my shoulders neck and lower back so it’s very painful and makes me feel very weak which I hate 😤
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Moron drivers behind the wheel of their vehicle. (I'm a cyclist.) Oh...and Wind.
    cycling + wind = brick wall.

I look at wind (and hills) as opportunities to improve my conditioning.

Moron Drivers are a separate issue...... frankly, they scare me.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    That last rep on a flat bench press after increasing the weight...

If I can't hit the same number as last week I feel like I'm not progressing... So it's pressure to hit it but no one wants to be caught under the bar 😬
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I like the pushing thru the pain and the soreness; my favorite workouts are those deemed 'soul crushing'.

My only problem is dealing with the lack of gym etiquette displayed by others.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Rainy days...I love my workouts ...rainy days I want to stay indoors and cuddle.

Lunges...those are a *kitten*
  • MissLea0424
    Options
    Busy days at the gym where people go in groups and hog/hover over equipment they aren't even really using 😬😬😬.
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Starting
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Warming up. I don’t know why but I hate it!