Replies

• Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I’m currently at 171.2 hoping to get to 150
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I’m 47 years old and 5’4”. I started MFP at 162. My goal range is 125-130 and I currently weigh 133. I maintained at 125-130 for several years before re-gaining the 30 pounds. I love how I look in that range, although pretty much love how I look below 135 generally. I feel too thin when I hit that low end at 125. Also, I do barre class (strength training) 2-3 times a week now in addition to running about 16 miles a week so my body feels stronger this time around and so how i look at this weight is a little different than before.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    Great job

2014 I was running a marathon relay with my niece. It was a lot of fun. But I hurt my knee really bad and no longer can run. After that I was depressed. Cause I loved running. I gained all my weight back . So I have been trying to loss it again. I’m currently walking for my exercise.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    As @annPT77 says we are all built differently. The amount of muscle you have and other factors make a big difference in how much you should weigh. I'm 5'5.5" tall and 63 years old. I lost from 251 to 143 and had folks telling me I was too thin. I've gained about 15 pounds (YIKES!) and am working to get that back off. My original goal was 135 but since I'm pretty busty and old I just couldn't seem to get there. My maintenance calories before intentional exercise is about 1350/day. I am happiest between 140 and 150. Anything over 150 I feel fat.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 almost 5'6 and started mfp at 160, lost down to 134 and liked that, now I'm at 139 and feel "fluffy" 😤 why when I hit 139 coming down I felt slim now going back up to that I feel like Cptn. Bloato? Must be distributed different or something, anyhoo I think I'll hover around here, was at 125 in my early 30's and looked skeletal, I hate pics from back then, I think just keeping up on my strength training will help me feel better and not so fluffy (hopefully)
  • Melolson14
    Options
    Great job.
  • Melolson14
    Options
    This week I’m stuck at 169.8 . I hate when I get stuck .
  • Melolson14
    Options
    Well down .6 today
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 134-135 lbs. My goal is to get to 124, which is 20 BMI just to prove to myself that I can do it. Then I would like to settle between 130 lbs after putting on muscle. I have a slim build and narrow hips for a woman so even at 134 now I look healthy but not underweight. My good friend who has a 10 in. difference between her waist and hips (but same height) looks anorexic at my weight.
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5'' 65 y/o weigh 120 lb, but it takes hard work, low cal eating, having meals 1or 2 times a day. Functional workout twice a week and cardio with elements of heavy training another 3 times a week.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You might try mybodygallery.com. You can see real photos of other women that are your height. Interesting web-site.
  • _Blumenkraft_
    _Blumenkraft_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5' 5", I am 138lbs currently which is closer to the top than the bottom of the healthy BMI range. I am trying to lose weight because I know I felt better when I was close to the lighter end of the "healthy" range, but I am mostly trying to increase strength and fitness. I don't actually think I look overweight now. My waist measurement is 28" and the clothes I wear are among the smaller sizes. That said, my fat mostly collects around my thighs and bum- I'm 'pear shaped'!

There are so many other factors involved in what will feel right for you- your body type and how fat is distributed in your body, and don't forgot that muscle adds weight too, but looks leaner than fat. Try not to worry too much about the numbers except as a rough guideline. You will KNOW when you reach a weight that feels happy and healthy for you, and it may be different from what you've been told to expect.