How many calories do people my weight maintain on?

Hello, i was wondering if anyone knew how many calories i should eat to maintain my weight, i dont trust online calculators. I am looking for someone similar bmi/weight/height and what you eat to maintain and if u excercize! I weigh 105 pounds and i am 5’4. I take 10,000 steps a day but thats normally the only excercize i do, which for me only burns 250 or so calories.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    There's quite a discussion of figuring out maintenance calories in this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638211/how-to-find-your-maintenance-calorie-level/p1

Like I said on your other thread:
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Sources of accurate maintenance calorie estimates, in order of likeliest probability of being close to correct for you:

1. Your own weight loss results from carefully logging intake and activity over a long-ish (multi-month) period of time.
    2. A good quality activity tracker from a well-respected company.
    3. An online TDEE or NEAT calculator that relies on research-based formulas, and ideally has more rather than fewer different activity level settings.
    4. Other people's experience.

The last one is very, very unreliable. Only #1 IMO has really good odds of being sound, but 2 & 3 are better than 4. The trackers/calculators are based on research, and population averages. The very nature of statistics suggests that it's more likely you're close to average, than close to some other randomly selected person, even one of the same size.

And I say that as someone for whom #2 & #3 produce pretty terrible underestimates of calorie needs, let alone #4. For me #1 has worked just swell for almost 5 years now.