b12 injections?

Options
so lately i have been hearing alot about b12 injs on here & i was wondering whats your guys' opinion on them..

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ouch!

do you need energy? you can get B12 supplements at a health food store in liquid, capsule and sublingual form.

good luck!

blessings.
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    ouch!

do you need energy? you can get B12 supplements at a health food store in liquid, capsule and sublingual form.

good luck!

blessings.

well i could use some more energy but i was mostly asking becus i heard ppl using them for weight loss.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hurts like a son of a b**** and didn't do much if anything. They are also kind of expensive, at least for me it was $40 a pop. IMHO save your dough.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    How about you give me $20 bucks, I kick you in the shins and I give you a no-doze with a chaser of preggo pee. I hear that stuff works wonders.

:flowerforyou:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    save your time and money...
    take b12 supplements if you need it...

and it won't do much to help you lose weight. you'll really have to put the effort in.

good luck!
  • Robyn4444
    Robyn4444 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had them years ago when I was very run down and not looking after myself. I don't really know that they did much. They certainly didn't make any difference to my weight.

When I was pregnant with my son, the doctor was extremely concerned about my low levels (I'm veggie) and told me I needed B12 injections. I opted for tablets instead (he wasn't very pleased), but 2 weeks later my levels had increased so much that he actually rang the lab to check that the results were correct.

If I had the choice...I'd go tablets over any injections!!! Ouch.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've taken the B12 injections. If you don't have an insane high-tolerance for pain like I do, you'll probably wuss out after 1 or 2 shots. Seriously feels like someone is stabbing you with a knife and then it spreads. I kind of liked the B12, though.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This was on the Mayo Clinic website.

There's no solid evidence that vitamin B-12 in any form — including vitamin B-12 injections — improves weight loss.

Vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble B complex vitamin found naturally in a variety of foods, including meat, fish and dairy products. Vitamin B-12 can also be made commercially in a lab. Vitamin B-12 is added to some foods and is available as a dietary supplement in tablet form or as an injection. Vitamin B-12 is commonly prescribed to help treat pernicious anemia and B-12 deficiency.

Some weight-loss clinics offer vitamin B-12 injections as part of their weight-loss programs. Proponents of vitamin B-12 injections for weight loss say the shots give you more energy and boost your metabolism, helping you shed unwanted pounds. But unless you have a vitamin B-12 deficiency, vitamin B-12 injections aren't likely to give you an energy boost. Getting large amounts of vitamin B-12 through vitamin B-12 injections isn't likely to harm your health. But vitamin B-12 can interfere with the effectiveness of some medications, so if you receive vitamin B-12 injections, be sure to let your doctor know.

If you're hoping to lose weight, resist the lure of quick and easy solutions. What counts is a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy healthier foods and include physical activity in your daily routine. If you're worried about your vitamin B-12 level, talk to your doctor and consider eating more foods that are rich in vitamin B-12, rather than turning to vitamin B-12 injections.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I was taking Vitamin b-12 pills. With MS,you get bad fatigue. But I really didn't even see a difference in it when I was taking the pill. Now I'm trying an energy daily vitamin pack from Costco.

I had to give my grandpa his b-12 shot. the needle was extremely long for something that's supposed to go subcutaneous...and i couldn't get it through his skin. he ended up stabbing himself and said he didn't feel a thing. I have to inject myself 3 times a week and that needle is kinda tiny. It's usually whatever is being injected into you that hurts, not the needle.
  • They hurt really bad. I have never taken them for weight loss purposes though, I have pernicious anemia, which means my body doesn't extract B12 from food or suppliments.