Working out daily or almost daily?

Options
Hi all,

I have been fairly good at working out three times a week, but I'd like to bump it up to five or six times per week. What tricks do folks have for mustering the energy to work out two days in a row? I work out in the morning and I always feel pretty tired the morning after a work out (hence the every other day routine I currently have). . . how can I convince myself to work out five or six mornings in a row?

Thanks, guys!

Replies

• 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just do it. Even if I don't want to, I'm usually glad I did later.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I usually work out 6 days a week. I just think about how much weight I have lost and how much healthier I am. That's all the motivation I need. I feel bad because I didn't work out today.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You just do it...and for me, after I got used to it and started to feel better about myself and things weren't such a struggle for me, I totally got a rush from it.
  • hollybearrington
    Options
    I have been working out everyday so far and some days 2 times. when I do I feel so much better but also tired. but with the heat I have been doing my work outs late at night.
  • thelambsy
    thelambsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    just walk, walk, walk, its working for me
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Join a challenge, on here or at a gym. Motivation is the key. If you can't motivate yourself surround yourself with others that will motivate you.
  • nomoreburritos
    Options
    Well i work out 5-6 days a week and I have noticed that for me it is that much easier to muster up the energy to do so when you do not give yourself a break. After a week or so your body adjusts to the point where it accepts the routine. The more you engage in the activity the more you trick your brain into believing its a normal routine like brushing your teeth. Also, when you do be sure to monitor your meals because when you do not eat often enough you will find that it makes you sluggish and that much harder to workout. I hope this helped you and Good Luck on your weight loss!!!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I find, and I understand that it's best for the weight loss and muscles, that it's best to vary your workout. As such, I do anaerobic one day, and aerobic the next, and so on. Good for the diet too, as your intake should be modified to accomodate the change.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6x a week..I started off with 3-4x a week..and now I'm alil obsessed with the results...haha..been at it for over 2 yrs!! Lol...

Rachael
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    On days when my body is sore from a serious P90X workout the day before, I walk. There's no reason I can't walk at a brisk pace for 30 minutes and call that my exercise for the day. I try to make changes I can commit to for the rest of my life. Hitting the gym hard 7 days/week isn't practical for me so I prefer 4-5 workout days/week with 2-3 walking/jogging days. I'm a fan of listening to my body and heeding it's warnings. If you're sore and tired, you probably need a rest day or at most a brief walk or jog.
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I've decided that you're all right - I just need to do it and get into the routine. I always feel better after I work out, and I am hopeful that my body will adjust to the new routine once I get over the "hump" of the initial transition.
  • Compass04
    Compass04 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have several different work out buddies and I schedule different activities each week so that I am FORCED to work out 5-6 days a week. I say forced because I am always exhausted when I get home from work and probably would not work out as often without this system.

Two of my buddies are so reliable that I can always count on them and my third buddy is my very busy sister. Because she's so busy we have a deal that if either of us cancels on each other we owe the other one $5. I'm on a pretty tight budget so it ensures that I will not cancel! :)
  • DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just think of the extra calories that will get to eat. That's motivation!