"Mons Pubis"

Options
I've been looking this topic up, but have heard nothing to help aside from surgery.
info about me -
5'10", 145, sz 2-6. Hit the gym 3-4 x/week (mix up workouts) active SAHM of 2

After my 2 (not by choice) C-sections, my "mons pubis" (pubic area) is bulgy and fatty- best way to explain it is ... I look like a Ken doll, lol, but for real.

Being 5'10... workout leggings were already complicatedin the pubic area (camel toe situation). With this its impossible! (Jeans, bathing suits, fitted dresses aren't much fun either)

I described my body/lifestyle because it seems everyone says its all diet and excercise, but Its not doing the trick for me... if ANYONE has any suggestions, PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Ha! With age comes wisdom. Too bad it took so long. SMH.
  • BarbellsAndPonytails84
    Options
    I'm in your same situation. Even when I was 125lbs, it was still bulgy and noticeable, and that was a very low weight for my height. I have noticed that certain cuts of shorts/jeans tend to make it more noticeable. I avoid anything that is a "low rise", because the way they're cut tends to accentuate things. I have noticed that high rise jeans/shorts/workout leggings do not tend to show it. Also, try to stick to bottoms that have more cotton to them, and not the stretchy type fabric, cause they're going to conform to that area more, where at with cotton not being so stretchy clingy. At some point, you just have to accept your "pillow". :D I'm not going to dish out thousands of dollars to have that area lipo suctioned, so I just try on everything I buy and if I don't like the way it shows things, I ditch it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,200 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I had this issue when I was a young adult. These types of pants (with tight skirt attached) were fashionable:

ucgxqs9fz6iv.jpg

I tried on a pair and quickly concluded it was a very bad idea. I don't remember it being very noticeable otherwise in other clothes (I always wore pants).

I will undoubtedly have this problem again after losing weight now.

Solution? If surgery isn't an option, surely choosing clothes that don't accentuate the issue are the only option? And asking the opinion of someone you trust might be a good idea, maybe it isn't really noticeable to others as much as it is to you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    shsa_rod wrote: »
    OMG....I felt like I was the only one with this issue... I'm just glad to know I am not alone...

The great thing about MFP.... there’s always someone with your problem.