Help with Fitbit tracking

Options
Rhiannonheraty3326
Rhiannonheraty3326 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,

I just wanted some advice on my Fitbit tracker that I’ve synced to MFP. My goal is to lose 1.5lbs a week and get down to 11st. I’ve lost 5.5lbs since I started MFP on 17 Jan but this was before I started syncing my Fitbit Surge. My daily calorie allowance is 1260, which I was sticking to but the only exercise it was factoring in was anything manual that I entered (eg 15 min HIIT workout which is around 176 calories burned). So I’d probably say my daily exercise was around 250 calories earned if I did a workout. Since syncing with my Fitbit my calories burned is a lot higher (factoring in steps and general calorie burn) and it’s making my calorie allowance a lot higher (see image). But I'm not doing anything different to before (same amount of exercise) and I work in an office so a very sedentary environment.

So my question is - should I still aim for 1260 calories per day regardless of whether my allowance has increased due to activity logged?

Thank you!

vivbcaqxd410.jpeg

Replies

• noodle412
    noodle412 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would stay if your system was working before, don't worry about changing anything up at the moment. I'm pretty sedentary at work as well, and I always like to error on the side of caution.
  • weighmeless
    weighmeless Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This would happen to me . When a exercise is recognized by Fitbit, it automatically calculates your exercise and updates in MFP( considering it was consistent enough for the Fitbit to capture it). It so happened it would sync and update and without realizing I would key in the calories burnt too manually. So yes that would double the calories through exercise.
    And no, fitbit doesn't take into account the calories burnt through out the day to add it under exercise in MFP .