2 Ingredient Brownies - Low fat

Options
kleimola
kleimola Posts: 210 Member
1 box devil's food cake mix

1 15 ounce can of pure pumpkin

Mix the two together and bake as directed on the cake box. You've added fiber and nearly eliminated the fat. Here are the nutritional stats for you if you cut the whole thing into 28 pieces:

82 calories, 1.75 fat, .64 sat.fat., 0 chol., 159 sodium, 16 carbs, 1 fiber, 9 sugar, 1.1 protein, 44.6% vitamin A, 2.75% calcium, .25% vitamin C, 4.78% iron.

My two year old loves these!

Replies

• kleimola
    Options
    1 box devil's food cake mix

1 15 ounce can of pure pumpkin

Mix the two together and bake as directed on the cake box. You've added fiber and nearly eliminated the fat. Here are the nutritional stats for you if you cut the whole thing into 28 pieces:

82 calories, 1.75 fat, .64 sat.fat., 0 chol., 159 sodium, 16 carbs, 1 fiber, 9 sugar, 1.1 protein, 44.6% vitamin A, 2.75% calcium, .25% vitamin C, 4.78% iron.

My two year old loves these!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, these are WONDERFUL!!!! The first time i made them I was VERY skeptical because the batter was so thick but they turned out awesome! :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am SO making these for my daughter's b.day. One of my very good friends is vegan & I have a hard time making treats that she can eat & others WILL eat. :laugh:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting, will have to try.... do they taste very pumpkiny?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I've "hidden" pumpkin in stuff like spaghetti sauce & you don't take it very much at all. Perhaps that's my brain telling my tongue that to save my sanity, but that's my take on it. :laugh:
  • kleimola
    Options
    sounds interesting, will have to try.... do they taste very pumpkiny?

I personally do not taste the pumpkin at all. I love pumpking though. It really is more like a super moist cake than a brownie.
  • kleimola
    Options
    I also make these with spice cake mix, drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake into pumpkin cookies.
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    no pudge brownie mix )i think thats what it's called) is similar. just the mix and fat free vanilla yogurt and voila! 120 cal brownies.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    omg, I am sooo gonna try these, I love brownies!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    OMGosh...yum!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    These are totally awesome brownie, I made today, I added walnuts, so good, worth trying
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Any women that has a chocolate craving .....this will do it...they are so good.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    This was posted sometime last year and I made them. I actually made them like cupcakes, no frosting. Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to make some more for my coworkers and they loved them as well. I made only 12 cupcakes so they have more calories. Can't remember how many right now. I have these two ingredients in my pantry for when I get the craving for these. They are totally clean for those who eat clean since we are using the devils food cake box mix but they are not bad!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • deana
    deana Posts: 1
    Options
    that sounds delicious! I'm going to try these and the brownies! Thanks!!
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So, I dont know how I could of screwed this recipe up, I mean anything is possible- BUT I tried making these 2 months ago and I almost threw up. Is it an acquired taste or maybe I didnt use the right box mix??? :noway:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Ok so brownies passes the test, :tongue: :tongue:
    my husband loved them, and I didnt tell him till after that they had pumpkin in them.
    I will make again and again......

I used a brownie mix, but will try a cake mix next time.....
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight because I was craving chocolate! They taste great but were hard to spread! YUM thanks for the recipe! Taking them to a pot luck tomorrow so I at least have one dessert I know I can eat guilt free :smile:
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    I usually don't like pumpkin and neither does my fiance, but we tried these and they were sweet enough to hit the spot and stop the sugar craving , very good and CHEAP recipe , i only spent 2.50$ on ingredience!
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    These brownies were a hit at the potluck passed on the recipe to several people! Any suggestions on how to get them to spread easier? Also are these in the database? If so what are they called?
    Thanks again for the great recipe!:happy:
  • shar
    shar Posts: 10
    Options
    Tried these today and they were good but mind didn't really taste like brownies,-more like a light cake but sure did help the choc cravings.