I resisted the temptation!!!

Options
So...my weakness is ice cream! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :love: I usually cave in any time that it's offered. Well...today my sisted offered to bring me a Shamrock Shake to work (ya know the ones from McDonalds that they serve around St. Pattys Day...:heart: YUMMY:heart: ) And I said NO! Can you believe it?!?! I hardly can! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Like...could die for them!!!!!! I'm crazy! So, let's just say that I am so WAY proud of myself that I had to share. Trust me, if you had any idea how bad my love for ice cream is, you'd understand! So...just thought I'd share on my small success!!! I still can't believe I said no!!!:blushing:

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So...my weakness is ice cream! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :love: I usually cave in any time that it's offered. Well...today my sisted offered to bring me a Shamrock Shake to work (ya know the ones from McDonalds that they serve around St. Pattys Day...:heart: YUMMY:heart: ) And I said NO! Can you believe it?!?! I hardly can! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Like...could die for them!!!!!! I'm crazy! So, let's just say that I am so WAY proud of myself that I had to share. Trust me, if you had any idea how bad my love for ice cream is, you'd understand! So...just thought I'd share on my small success!!! I still can't believe I said no!!!:blushing:

*Kistinbee*
  • opatt23
    Options
    :wink: Awesome! Congrats to you. Its such a success when you can do that! Im happy for you :happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I share your infinite love for ice cream, as well. DARN YOU, FROZEN GOODNESS!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    that is amazing. I still can't resist ice cream. I can't do it. I will make sacrifices just to have it. :smile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You are one step closer to your goal.
    You are doing it!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Don't get me wrong...I do still indulge. I will sacrafice many other calories throughout the day so I can get a small blizzard from Dairy Queen every once and a while. (We can't have boxed ice cream in the house because I will seriously eat it all, so I just allow myself to get a single ice cream every now and again). This is just the first time I've said no to a spur of the moment offer. Yeah for me!!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Small victories!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Good for you!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! YAY!!! I, too, share your love for ice cream. :tongue:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Thank God for Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Ice Cream!! Sounds like it would be horrible but it is shockingly good, doesn't have a funny texture like some of the "diet" ice creams do. I haven't looked in awhile to know the calories... but weight watchers points wise it is 1 point per serving vs. 3 pts for regular ice cream! Definitely helps me feel like I am cheating without the guilt later!!!

Good job resisting the temptation altother though!!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream so much!!! But I find lower fat and cal options. There are some good ones out there, you just have to try them all.

My weakness are Steak n Shake milk shakes but I looked up how many calories are in them and it's more than I consume for lunch and dinner!!! :noway:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    WOW you're my new hero! :happy: Good for you and thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Way to go, I'm sure it was hard to say no....be very very proud!!!! I'm proud of you too!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thank you all of you! Wow! I did not expect much of a response on this one! Thank you so much for the support! I am very proud of myself and very proud of all of you who have resisted, are resisting or will resist some small (or BIG) temptation too!!! WE CAN DO THIS GUYS!!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options

*Kistinbee*

I am proud of you too:drinker: Ya did good.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know what you mean about ice cream. I love the peppermint stuff they only put out at Christmas and I always tell myself. "it's ok, It's only once a year!"

So kudos for you cause that's exactely what I would have told myself about the yummy green shake!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My weakness is the jamoca shakes from Arby's. AAAAAAA I used to work at Pizza Hut and we had one right next door and I lived on shakes and pizza for five years. Good for you for saying no. We CAN succeed when we let our desire to be fit be more important than a temporary treat. Two flowers for you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

and one more for figuring out you can have your cake and eat it too, even when it's ice cream. :flowerforyou:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kristinbee you are SUPERHUMAN! I could never resist ice cream! I DO know how much a person can love ice cream...mmmmm
    Cowboy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Kristinbee you are SUPERHUMAN! I could never resist ice cream! I DO know how much a person can love ice cream...mmmmm
    Cowboy

Oh yes....I LOVE ice cream!!!! It's funny because I honestly did not think I'd get this much of a response on this post (like I said earlier) but now I can't stop thinking about ice cream!!!:ohwell: :laugh: :noway:

Thanks for the support guys!!! I really do appreciate it!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • pinkk5727
    Options
    Great Job!!! This is very motivational!! I am really struggling with my late night sweet tooth cravings!! It's good to know that resistance can be done!! And temptation can be conquered!! Kudos x2!!!:bigsmile: