More calories when sick?

Options
Should I eat more calories when I'm sick? On 1200 right now.

Replies

• sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Also, unless you are very very short, reconsider 1200 calories in the first place: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

While I certainly appreciate your concern, I prefer to read articles from reputable websites that are peer-reviewed by a Registered Dietician/Licensed Dietician - Nutritionist rather than some random guy who has a blog and zero credentials.

1200 is fine. Research even suggests that eating lower calories is beneficial to your health. Thanks again.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326343.php
  • sdavis484
    Options
    Seriously? If course it applies to humans. We are basically mammals too.
  • sdavis484
    Options
    Additionally, there is a ton of (recent) research about how calorie restriction increases longevity.
  • sdavis484
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I actually saw a RD 10 years ago who had me on 1153 calories per day. 🤷
  • sdavis484
    Options
    Anyways, this tangent was not part of what I was asking. The last few instances of posting on the message boards, my questions have hardly been answered but instead have turned into an argument about why I'm eating the amount of calories that this same website that we are ALL using, indicated is the correct amount for weight loss.
  • polvo71
    polvo71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I always get ravenous when I have a cold and I think that u I d my body telling me something. So yeah, I would think add more food theyekex you feel better.
  • sdavis484
    Options
    It's possible that I weakened my immune system I suppose but a much more rational explanation is that my 3 children have each been sick very recently and I have still been cuddling and kissing them.
  • sdavis484
    Options
    I understand that people want one size fits all. People want to simplify things, I get it. 1200 calories is always wrong, the calories you say are correct is always right and that's just the way it is. You guys don't know anything about me. You don't know if I have health issues. You have no idea how my metabolism or body is different than your metabolism or body. You really should think about that before responding with some bogus article that makes everything so black and white. It's very frustrating.