Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Over the next few weeks, I want to get my sewing room properly packed for transport when we move. Apart from possibly tacking up a hem, I don't see that I'll be doing any serious sewing until we either have a new house or I'm on maintenance. We don't have a house yet, but any packing up like this is useful against the day that we discover, OK, seven days to pack and get out of this house!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @Gisel2015 Thank you for the comment, sweet of you to care...

@NewLIFEstyle4ME Good for you for humbling yourself and selling what you can! I just listed breastmilk storage bags for sale. I will clear out some space in the pantry when those are gone!

@theleadmare Way to chip away at it! I hope your move is smooth.

I'm going to get rid of some more things today, but what...I do not know yet...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Gisel2015 Thank you for the comment, sweet of you to care...

@NewLIFEstyle4ME Good for you for humbling yourself and selling what you can! I just listed breastmilk storage bags for sale. I will clear out some space in the pantry when those are gone!

@theleadmare Way to chip away at it! I hope your move is smooth.

I'm going to get rid of some more things today, but what...I do not know yet...

THANK YOU Char for posting this! I think you listing your items for sale is wonderful, because you're getting rid of something you no longer need and someone is going to get something they want and need. I haven't yet sold anything, BUT...your post is encouraging me to "get to it" sooner. <3o:)<3
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I continue to clean-up and organize (and throw away), papers every day. Today it was my desk's turn. What I don't need or want was shredded, and what I am still "thinking" about went to the corresponding folder in one of the drawers. At least they are out of sight. Once I have the time, I will start cleaning those folders too. The desk looks clean and tidy. Hope it last!!!

My next step is to check and organize one of my storage cabinets in the office. It holds a lot of the greeting cards that I get from the organizations that I support, plus old pictures, and other things that I will soon find out ;) . My greeting card organizer is full so I ordered one from Amazon and as soon as I get it, I will dig into the cabinet with all my might and soul :) .

@NewLIFEstyle4ME: Congratulations on completing another goal (#6 this time). One day at the time will win the race.

@LoveyChar: Thank you for your kind comment. By the way, I didn't know that breast milk storage bags existed. Oh dear, I just gave away the fact that I am old!!

@theleadmare: Good luck finding a new house and with all the packaging that you are planning too. No easy to do both things at the same time.

@ReenieHJ: What a sweet story that was, and nice memories too.

@Madwife2009: Good job in keeping your bedroom organized. I like the idea of photographing the artwork. I may need to do that too.

@cory17: nice of you cleaning that high % of papers. And maybe seeing all the extra cluttering that your mom accumulated thru the years can help you and your husband not to do the same. That is what I am trying to tell my husband…

That's all for now ladies, and have a great Friday and weekend.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    @loveychar This is a school and went into "recycling" bins but it being LA, kindof doubt whether really is happening. But noticed that the more I went through and saw useless, & more useless (& guess got tired of it), the easier it was to just throw it out. So much waste but pointless to have it all just sitting there. Guess that applies to everything else.
  • LoveyChar
    @Gisel2015 I read your post about decluttering and organizing papers the other day. This, too, is one of my problems and I am working on this also.

Ladies, I had a productive day! I decluttered and I'm still working on it but soon, when I have more time, I will share my progress with you lovely ladies!
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    One of my goals for 2020 is to stop wasting time and energy on people and things that don't reciprocate my efforts. I'm also not going to "force" anything that isn't working for me or doesn't feel right. I'm not going to do things just because I feel like I should or just because someone else wants me to.

this! needed to read this at exactly this moment. thanks for the reminder :)
  • Gisel2015
    He1loKitty wrote: »
    One of my goals for 2020 is to stop wasting time and energy on people and things that don't reciprocate my efforts. I'm also not going to "force" anything that isn't working for me or doesn't feel right. I'm not going to do things just because I feel like I should or just because someone else wants me to.

this! needed to read this at exactly this moment. thanks for the reminder :)

I agree!!!!! <3
  • Gisel2015
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Gisel2015 I read your post about decluttering and organizing papers the other day. This, too, is one of my problems and I am working on this also.

Ladies, I had a productive day! I decluttered and I'm still working on it but soon, when I have more time, I will share my progress with you lovely ladies!

Good for you Char, but I warn you that it is a never ending chore. One day everything is neat and in order, and the next a bunch of papers show up out of nowhere that need to be checked or read before throwing them away. Just take one day at the time. The good thing is that once you get rid of the big pile of unneeded and unwanted things, the rest will be easier to handle. Good luck!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Got some dusting done yesterday. Today I got all the things dad sent with the dog sorted out and put away. Too many old towels, but I'll sort them when I'm taking dog rugs to the shelter.
  • LoveyChar
    I love reading these decluttering stories ^^^, all of them! I got rid of two big, full bags of recyclable paper last night and I'll get rid of more "stuff" today, although, I haven't figured out where to start yet. Just start, just do it, right?!?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!