the scale is not moving

Options
before i start my diary is about to be open to public if anyone is intrested in viewing it. i just weigh myself and i lost NADA (nothing), as far as i kno , i am doing everything right that fit into my life style. i am eating my 1200 calories plus i add my excercise calories when i go to the gym. once you guys look at my dairy, you are going to see that i don't cook much, well that's because i work, go to school and go to the gym full-time. as far as my excercise goes, i go to the gym 6-7 times a week, i usually try to do cardio for an hour 7 times a week and weight training 2-3 times a week. any suggestions plz?

Replies

• cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    take measurements; there is something called "too much exercise" but i dont have any quotes or anything but it's possible to exercise too much.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Take measurements because you may be gaining muscle while losing fat. Since muscle weights more it seems like your not losing. Also, how often are you weighing yourself?
  • mariedingle
    Options
    That just happened to me this week and so I took my measurements and lost 3"!! That made me happy! So I'm sure you have lost inches also!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You should have 1 day of rest per week... it will help your muscles to repair themselves.
  • Ipowell1515
    Options
    Do something different>>That's how I got the scale to move for me..I started water aerobics.
  • souki19
    Options
    Take measurements because you may be gaining muscle while losing fat. Since muscle weights more it seems like your not losing. Also, how often are you weighing yourself?
    i do take measurement often and i didn't lose any inches and i try to weight myself every week.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    you need to have 1-2 days off per week because it won't do your muscles any good working them that hard at such a high level. It's fab that you are putting in alot of effort but as someone said - it's possible to exercise too much.
    Also - definitely take measurements! I didnt think I had lost that much weight but when I compared pictures of my body shape -I looked so different. Do your measurements once every 2 weeks or once a month - you'll see a difference there I'm confident of it. xx
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some diff forms of exercise? Mixing things up usually kicks starts things, Good luck : )
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more? You are exercising 7days a week and only eating 1200 calories a day. The more active you become the more calories you need...find a website that will help you figure out how many you need... I know I just upped mine and have already lost (unofficially) 2 lbs.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at the 1,200 limit? When I looked at your diary for last Friday, it said 1,944 for your calorie goal so maybe it's changed recently? I didn't see many entries for the beginning of the month. I would try to stay around 1,200 (but not more than 1,500 calories) even with exercise and you will start to see a difference. Consistency is the key.
  • souki19
    Options
    How long have you been at the 1,200 limit? When I looked at your diary for last Friday, it said 1,944 for your calorie goal so maybe it's changed recently? I didn't see many entries for the beginning of the month. I would try to stay around 1,200 (but not more than 1,500 calories) even with exercise and you will start to see a difference. Consistency is the key.
    i just started back on the 22ed of august . 1200 is the reccomended amount, however, when i excercise (i only record cardio) i usually burn between 700-800, so i add it in and with that i end up with 1900-2000 calories a day. last friday i kinda of aet staff i wasn't suppose to be eating , so i went over , but i zigzagged the calories and i made up for them on sat :)
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, you are doing great and sooner or later the lbs will start shedding with all your hard work.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    before i start my diary is about to be open to public if anyone is intrested in viewing it. i just weigh myself and i lost NADA (nothing), as far as i kno , i am doing everything right that fit into my life style. i am eating my 1200 calories plus i add my excercise calories when i go to the gym. once you guys look at my dairy, you are going to see that i don't cook much, well that's because i work, go to school and go to the gym full-time. as far as my excercise goes, i go to the gym 6-7 times a week, i usually try to do cardio for an hour 7 times a week and weight training 2-3 times a week. any suggestions plz?

i have a heck of a lot more weight to lose then you. my first week i lost 6lbs, yea yea mostly water i am aware lol... the 2nd and 3rd week i lost nothing and gained and lost the same 1-2lbs. i was working out everyday! so this week i decided to give my body a break, instead of one hour everyday, i do 20-30 minutes every 2-3 days. not telling you to completely change your routine, because when i waited 2 days to workout i was achey like i lost stamina/endurance whatever you call it. but anywho, beginning of 4th week i am now losing weight. i am eating 1300-1500 cals a day and lowered my sodium from 2500 to 1800 a day.