Favorite cardio

Hey all, what’s your favorite thing to do for cardio?

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Mountain biking is my #1. Followed by rowing and then hiking.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    Classes! Except body pump. It has a cult following but not me!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,828 Member
    Cycling long distances outside. :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'm a treadmill kind of girl :smile: I also walk a lot (to and from work,...)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    spin bike, mountain bike, brisk walking
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Running (preferably outside, the treadmill is so boring but comes in handy in bad weather) followed by cycling, rowing and swimming.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Tennis!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I like hiking around with my dogs and my kiddo, living room dance parties, hooping, ooh, and playing on jungle gyms... I'm gonna be sad when my kid goes off to middle school and we don't have jungle gyms on the playground anymore. :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Running outside, step aerobics, kickboxing, aerobics with fun choreography.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    On water rowing.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Running and Cycling outside!
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Running!
  • gearhead426hemi
    Riding my endure up St. Helens. Not the best bike for climbing but man going down is AWESOME!!

tichv7zbvkr5.jpg
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think @BrianSharpe and @AnnPT77 (I think I've seen a river pic) should include an inspiring pic like @sijomial - or anyone else ( @gearhead426hemi ) that might inspire more outdoor cardio.

@sijomial - how long riding does it take you to get to that beautiful route?

Long outdoor bike rides for me, though long runs can start becoming interesting too if on nice trail.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    f5vew510y9yx.png
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited February 2020
    @heybales

"sijomial - how long riding does it take you to get to that beautiful route?"

It's Box Hill in Surrey just to the south west of London and a real favourite with cyclists as it's very scenic but not as testing as many of the other local range of hills (The North Downs). Popularity is boosted by being used for the Olympic course and also by having a lovely tea shop at the top (cake and cycling are closely related!) and a panoramic view towards The South Downs. You can see why the road is called Zig Zag Road.

I can get there in an hour cycling via a scenic route from home or throw the bike in the back of the car, park at the bottom and to do hill repeats. Up and down 6 times for 3,000+ft of climbing is a good workout.

41gagetsnjhu.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    a_stroh wrote: »
    Hey all, what’s your favorite thing to do for cardio?

In order of preference...

1. Road cycling or mountain biking outside
    2. Walking/Hiking
    3. Spin class
    4. Lap swim
    5. Indoor bike trainer at home

• gearhead426hemi
    I am a HUGE advocate for getting outdoors for as many of your workouts as possible. Going to the gym for me is saved for days when the weather is too miserable to be outside. Meeting up with groups to go biking, kayaking, hiking whatever keeps things fun. Got my family and some friends to ride up the " Going to the sun " road in Montana.

fqtw4k1smx91.jpeg
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited February 2020
    Rowing.