Are underwear progress pics offensive?

Options
Ive found an old picture of me in a bikini and a little while ago I took a photo before I got dressed to compare. Only thing is - it's an underwear shot and I'm dubious about posting it because it may be deemed offensive or incorrect - what are everyones views on this?

Replies

• starwhisperer
    Options
    If you are comfortable in your underwear who cares? Not really any different coverage wise than a swimsuit anyway.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Just the same as a bikini really isn't it. I wouldn't be offended.

However, personally, I wouldn't be comfortable posting pictures of myself in underwear on a public internet site. Just be aware of your safety.

But, as far as anyone else's opinions go - if they don't like it they won't have to look.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It is all about what your comfortable with. Really underware and swim suits are not that different - only in functionality.
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I dont think its offensive. Underwear pictures = Bathing suit pictures in most cases.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i was going to post an after photo, but now there are people on here that i know...
    im fine with strangers seeing but not people i know haha.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many pictures of girls in their bathing suits doing progress pictures and not get reported. But it's entirely up to you. If you're second guessing it, you probably shouldn't do it.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't like the idea that somebody might enjoy it a bit too much, if you know what I mean, but as said, it's not much different to swimwear :-)
  • Semperfione
    Options
    If your new picture is anythink like your profile picture you will be fine, I see a very pretty face in that picture that should make you very happy. As for me if you were to post pictures in normal clothing I would see the difference. But to answer your question, I would agree with jellybaby84. Your safety is what comes first.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I think we need MORE underwear shots posted -- esp the "after" pictures......:devil:
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's all about what you're comfortable with, if you're comfortable then it's fine :)
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable with the pic go for it! If anyone reports you they are a douche (IMO).

I think swimwear, etc, the least clothing possible pics are awesome for showing progress, clothing can hide so much of you and doesn't always have as big an impact but it is down to you if you want to do it! :)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Its fine.

I wouldn't go for a glamour model pose - just a straight forward 'this is me' picture. I don't see how that could offend anyone.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    well, I hadn't really thought about people enjoying them a bit too much but after one of the comments Ive just read I think I'll leave it and try and do a clothed one - even though underwear/swimwear definitely show off your body shape more than in clothes.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    i am offended....that you won't post the pic. Trust me, there are worst pics on here. Steps to take:
    1. Don said item of clothing
    2. Find mirror, or accomplice to take pic
    3. Shoot pic
    4. Post
    5. If anyone tells you they are offended, tell them to Kiss your azz.

See, that was easy.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    No. Do it
  • hotstuff76
    Options
    do it x your body, your profile dont listen to the miserable haters x x x i do it all the time x x xx
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I dont know, I would have to see it first...so go ahead lets see!!!!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    oh darn, I really was looking forward to the underwear pictures! Tease. :laugh:
  • hotstuff76
    Options
    bring on the underwear x x x
  • JohnnyDarko
    Options
    I say go for it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!