MFP Friend Success Story with an immature Ending

Options
Below is an excert from a note shared by my friend Lisamarie1226. This is a story of a friend we both have in common (lisalynn35). Lisa has a wonderful heart and was fortunate enough to find MFP and lose 130 lbs and was very concerned with losing weight the right way and always willing to learn. We conversed often and shared recipes. She has a heart of gold.

Unfortunately she developed cancer in the later part of last year and after various Chemo treatments it was determined that she has very little time left with us on earth.

For those who do believe in miracles I ask that you lift her and her family up in prayer in your homes and your congregations. For those who do not have a faith based background, just ask that you keep her and her family in your thoughts.

She is such an important part of MFP success that it would not be prudent to forget her accomplishments and failed to stand forward out of the crowd in this dire moment. I am not asking for donations but open hearts and love for a dear friend whom I love and who has a wonderful husband and dear children who loves her even more.

Transcript as follows:
Well, if aren't friends with Lisalynn35 but have been keeping her in your prayers because of my requests, I thank you. I spoke with her last night and (her husband recently updated her status) the worst possible outcome has come into fruition. The tumors are spreading at an alarming rate and the doctors are giving her 6 weeks. I can't even begin to tell you how heartbroken I am for her and her whole family. I do feel blessed that I got to know her and spend time with her, no matter how little is was. I will visit her as often as I can. Just please keep praying for her and her family.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'll keep her in my prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    How awful! They are in my prayers!
  • Blessedredhead
    Options
    Prayers have been sent!! :heart:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Praying!!!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Praying
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    More like a premature ending. So sad.

I will keep her and the family and friends in my prayers too.

Thanks for sharing.
  • tiffanybowers
    tiffanybowers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Praying for peace for everybody!
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks as I read this post. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you, my friend, for sharing this with the MFP community. It was MFP that brought Lisalynn and I together as real life friends. We were just talking about that last night...it's funny how life can bring people together. I heard about MFP from a friend who used it to find out the calories in a piece of cheesecake. She never used it again but sent me the link. If not for that, I never would have found MFP or met Lisalynn.

I am grateful for MFP for allowing me to have met this wonderful, inspiring, and courageous person. I will keep praying and hoping for a miracle.
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My heartfelt wishes go out to all concerned x
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    she and her family are in my prayers. you express yourself so beautifully, I'm sure God/the Universe hears you, I know I did. May your dear friend receive nothing more nothing less than a miracle.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Lisa, her family and friends. Peace, comfort, healing...

<><
    Loree
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Praying :(
  • lrodriguez83
    Options
    Praying!!! So sad to hear this. Hope her family finds peace and strength at this time.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Praying for your friend, her husband children and the rest of their family!
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    Lisalynn and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your saddness....

Praying for comfort for her, family and friends....
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thats so sad! She is so young! My heart breaks for her and her family and friends! May God give them the comfort and support they need at this very difficult time. My prayers and thoughts will be with them.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    my heart just dropped reading this.. how touching... May God bless her and her friends and family . Godspeed XOXO
  • Sharonsimon
    Sharonsimon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    in my thoughts and prayers , praying for a miracle may the time she has left be as fullfilled as they can