Weight

Options
When I first started My Fitness Pal about 5 years ago I lost 25 pounds. I went through breast cancer treatment in 2018. Been cancer free for one year. After losing weight through chemo the weight has returned. I am keeping my journal to count calories and using elliptical trainer at least 4 days a week averaging 2-1/2 to 3 miles a day I am still not losing week. I do take blood pressure medicine which BP is under control. I am discouraged not losing weight. Open for any suggestions. Thank you, Lonnie B

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don’t stop. More sleep, more water, better food choices, exercise more often and push yourself a little longer. If you don’t lift weights, try adding it to your routine.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You don't mention how many calories you are eating. Exercise is great for health, same with sleep and nutrition, but it is the calories that primarily drive weight loss.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don’t stop. More sleep, more water, better food choices, exercise more often and push yourself a little longer. If you don’t lift weights, try adding it to your routine.

While not necessarily bad advice, this has little to do with actual weight loss.

1. Use a food scale to weigh your intake, all solid and semi-solid items. Measure liquids in measuring cup.
    2. Check food entries for accuracy. The database is user entered, which means there is room for error. Always double check.
    3. If you'd like more personalized information, share your height, weight, age, activity level and make sure you're food diary privacy setting is Public.