Night Snacks

Options
Hello, My Name is Laura and I had heard about this site from a lady, who works out at the same gym as I, about 2 months ago. I logged on a couple of times but didn't really stick with it so; I am going to try again. As I was logging my food this morning, I realized I really don't know how to eat and I am exceeding my calorie intake. Can anyone help me with finding a healthy snack at night?

Replies

• bkweibel
    Options
    Popcorn is good, or if your a sweets person like me, I enjoy Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream novelties. I had the Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bar last night, and it's pretty big and only 100 calories!!!
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    sometimes I will have greek yougurt or regular non fat light yougurt, 40 cal fudgesicles, fiber one bar or brownie ( 90 calories) , try to stay away from my fruits at night, 100 cal popcorn just some ideas:smile:
  • lisaweaver3
    lisaweaver3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For me, I can't do anything with sugar. End of story. Once I start I can't stop. So therefore, if I need something before bed, I drink 8oz of skim milk. It should help me sleep and boost my calcium intake. And I have to tell myself the following: being hungry is not a bad thing. The pain of hunger is a reminder of all of the times I didn't take care of myself or eat the right things in moderation. Good luck!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is good, so are apples and bananas (with a teensy bit of peanut butter)...Fiber One 90 cal bars are good too. Just simple foods, nothing to get your stomach all in a knot ;)
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have all of the above snacks as well as Laughing cow cheese light and reduced fat cheezits......
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn as well--but without any butter. Instead I put on parmesan cheese! Tastes like smartfood. Since I'm lactose-intolerant, I use the veggie parm cheese (soy base) and it's delicious!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Yogurt
    Popcorn with cinnamon and honey
    Cook a banana in cinnamon and honey
    Apples
    Nuts
  • plshelp
    Options
    I'm the same with sweets...can't stop. I'm going to try to always just think "healthy" when looking for a night snack. I have to keep busy until about an hour before bed otherwise if I sit on the couch early....all I can think about is food. It's best if I keep moving and get my mind on something else. Gum also helps me out in situations when I'm looking for something sweet or just want to eat something.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruits and veggies girl, all day, all night. Love a piece of fruit before bed (like dessert). If I'm hungry, then another serving of carrots and salsa or veggies and hummus. Yum! You can get the sweet craving (fruit), the salt craving (tomoatoes or celery), the crunchy feeling (carrots or bell pepper) or just about any craving from fuits and veggies (once you adapt your taste buds). Love apples or celery and peanut butter.