Valentine

Options
doris9frank
doris9frank Posts: 2 Member
Is valentine taken seriously in your country too?

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    My country is the US ...and i would say yes ....alot of people call it a hallmark holiday but I think it's special ....not in Christmas' category.....but mostly everyone I know acknowledges it in some way lol.

Its a bittersweet day for me I lost my dad on it many years ago .💔...but he loved the holiday and always made it special when I was younger so its still a special day ❤
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    db85kj814xe8.jpg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    depends on what you're looking for i guess. lot of relationships end after v-day.
    like that person you been with all cuffing season starts to look a little boring and spring break is coming up so...
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel it’s a Hallmark holiday that has unfortunately become overrated. I find there is a lot of negativity and too many over the top expectations that come along with it. Obviously Hollywood hasn’t helped the situation by any means. Single people worry about being alone, couples obsess over the gifts they want, and some way or another, even with all the love, people get their feelings hurt.
  • rainmanbonez
    rainmanbonez Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im convinced holidays are just meant to get you to spend unnecessary money when you can find creative ways any day of the year to show how you feel and appreciated someone,birthdays are an exception of course.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Well we make it a special day. This year instead of spending the ridiculous money on over crowded restaurant we are having our closest friends come over for a special dinner. Should be nice.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Well we make it a special day. This year instead of spending the ridiculous money on over crowded restaurant we are having our closest friends come over for a special dinner. Should be nice.

We do too... we are having a much needed kid free weekend. It's also a 3 day weekend in the States.
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to take it seriously as it’s my wedding anniversary on the 14th Feb as well. Me & my wife celebrate that more as it’s more personal to us than Valentine’s Day
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call it Single Awareness Day.