Thoughts on BodyPump Class??

Options
I have never been but there is one tonight at the gym I just recently joined. Trying to get the guts to go.

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just go, you won't regret it. Let the instructor know that it's your first class. Don't go heavy, just use really light weights and focus on getting your technique right. There's plenty of time to increase weights in the coming weeks or months.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Go! It’s great! You will be sore but keep going and you’ll love it!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    what are you goals? If just to get in the gym then sure go, it’s not a bad class. If you are looking to gain muscle, there’s more optimal ways of spending yr time at the gym than pump. I’m not dissing pump by the way. It’s more of a muscular endurance class which isn’t my goal.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's one of the few classes I've tried as it was one of the rare exercise styles that both my wife and I would do together. It was quite good fun and nice friendly atmosphere. Not at all intimidating as it catered for a very wide range of fitness and strength levels.

Go and then you will know if you like it, don't go and be disappointed in yourself for not trying....
  • MPDean
    MPDean Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Give it a go. Towards the end you'll be looking around and thinking you're surrounded by mad people and how on earth can they do this with heavy (ish) weights.

Stick at and before you know it you'll be hooked.
  • Aporia1983
    Aporia1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in college I use to LOVE that class! I did it religiously 3-4x a week and when I moved I couldn't find a gym that I could afford that offered the class. That was well over a decade ago. These days I do crossfit instead as I want to gain muscle. It's fun and it's quite a work out. You get cardio along with muscle endurance! You'll be sore after the first few classes but it's a good sore and totally worth it!
  • spraytanninghelens
    Options
    You should go. I used to go body pump & after first class I was so sore, but it gets easier each time you go. It’s what got me into weights & a great way to learn technique.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Wish I could meet you there! I've never been, but my sister loves it! Just go! You've got great advice and encouragement here :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's a good cardiovascular and muscular endurance workout. It got my wife more interested in traditional weight lifting which she does now.
  • emmahann467
    emmahann467 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Highly recommended! Bodypump is all about lower weights and higher reps. Speak with the instructor before you start who will advise on what equipment you will need at your "station" and they will also give you the smart start option which is to do the first half of the class for your first time and then add a track on each class until you can do the whole thing. The music is amazing and is what keeps me motivated through the tough tracks (I hate lunges!!!) Have fun!!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    I did this class with my uncle a few times when I was on vacation, it was fun! I still lifted weights afterward. There was a sub the week I went and according to my uncle she's a lot harder, I must've done 300 squats in one class!