Eat more calories if excercising?

Hi. I’m new to this community. I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere. I’m on a 1200 calories limit. Wondering if you normally eat the calories you burn as part of a work out for the day? Thanks

Replies

• darrian_h
    darrian_h Posts: 2 Member
    It depends on how hard and long your workouts are. If it's moderate intensity for 1hr or less, I wouldn't change my diet. Especially if your goal is to lose weight. You need to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight. And ALWAYS eat properly (30g protein, 10g+ carbs) DIRECTLY AFTER WORKOUTS.
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Eat back something, for any exercise that is outside of normal living ie. Don't log that you burned x number of calories walking from the bus stop to work if that's a general part of your day and you would be doing it normally . Mfp isn't set to mbr calories, so there is an assumption in there that you are moving and not in bed all day but it hasn't added in specific additional exercise. Eat it back.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Your 1200 goal is only for a day you don't do any purposeful exercise, that's how this site works and how your goal was calculated ignoring the exercise aspect of your body's calorie needs.

Beside exercise calories taste the best. :smile:
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited February 2020
    sijomial wrote: »
    Your 1200 goal is only for a day you don't do any purposeful exercise, that's how this site works and how your goal was calculated ignoring the exercise aspect of your body's calorie needs.

Beside exercise calories taste the best. :smile:

I eat back every single delicious exercise calorie.