Anyone get headaches?

Options
13»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Could you be tensing up and holding your breath? That can contribute to tension headaches. I used to do that when I lift. I am very intentional about breathing now. Also helps when I exhale on the exertion portion of the lift.
  • sdavis484
    sdavis484 Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    sdavis484 wrote: »
    PAV I am decidedly NOT undereating as my calories are set to 1200 but I was eating back a good portion of my activity calories, which if you followed the post that I originally said I was eating 1200, explained ALL that. That being said, I have dealt with headaches when exercising despite hydrating, eating, extra sleep, etc since I was 20 (15 years). I don't have headaches 100% or even 50% of the time and I was just looking to commiserate with others in my situation of the occasional exercise headache.

How much weight are you losing a week on average with your net calories at 1,200 (eating back exercise calories). I ask because the idea from a complete stranger that you may have mast cell disorder (which you seem okish with someone posing but I could be wrong) seems far more far fetched than the idea that you may potentially be eating too few calories (something that is far more straightforward to fix).

I have it set to 1 pound per week fairly recently but honestly that extra 40 calories per day when I switched from losing 2lbs is pretty darn trivial.

I have no idea what mast cell disorder is. I simply found the fact that the body releases histamines during stress like exercise to be rather enlightening. 🤷
  • sdavis484
    Options
    I don't know if I can handle these boards. Random, unnamed people disagree with me but never actually say why they disagree. I'm a sensitive person and honestly it hurts my feelings, as silly as that is. Surely that's why people click it, I guess.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    No one is disagreeing with you just to hurt your feelings, they're disagreeing with something you've said. Obviously it's helpful for at least one person to say what it is they're disagreeing with, but it doesn't always happen. Personally, I ignore any random single disagrees.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    I would suspect that disagree was because of 1200 calories and you implying that this means you're eating enough or whoever clicked it interpreting that this was what you meant.

it's a long-standing argument that 1200 is suitable for some but not for most of the people who try it.

I hugged you instead.... because headaches suck! 🤗
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    PAV I am decidedly NOT undereating as my calories are set to 1200 but I was eating back a good portion of my activity calories, which if you followed the post that I originally said I was eating 1200, explained ALL that. That being said, I have dealt with headaches when exercising despite hydrating, eating, extra sleep, etc since I was 20 (15 years). I don't have headaches 100% or even 50% of the time and I was just looking to commiserate with others in my situation of the occasional exercise headache.

How much weight are you losing a week on average with your net calories at 1,200 (eating back exercise calories). I ask because the idea from a complete stranger that you may have mast cell disorder (which you seem okish with someone posing but I could be wrong) seems far more far fetched than the idea that you may potentially be eating too few calories (something that is far more straightforward to fix).

I have it set to 1 pound per week fairly recently but honestly that extra 40 calories per day when I switched from losing 2lbs is pretty darn trivial.

I have no idea what mast cell disorder is. I simply found the fact that the body releases histamines during stress like exercise to be rather enlightening. 🤷

You have it sent to 1lb per week but how much are you actually losing?

Also the disagree button has nothing to do with liking or disliking a person nor about some desire to hurt people's feelings. If, for instance, someone said "I'm going to consume 700 calories a day" they would get a number of people replying saying how unhealthy that idea is and they would get significantly more people clicking the disagree button. While they probably won't like those multiple replies, they would likely be even more unhappy if all of those people who clicked disagree also replied saying how poor of an idea eating 700 calories a day is.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It also could be something as simple as an exertion headache, despite enough food and despite enough hydration. Those do exist, and they are not uncommon. They are not anything to be worried about, and it just means you have to ease into your exercise a bit slower. Just maybe something to google to see if it fits.
  • sdavis484
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It also could be something as simple as an exertion headache, despite enough food and despite enough hydration. Those do exist, and they are not uncommon. They are not anything to be worried about, and it just means you have to ease into your exercise a bit slower. Just maybe something to google to see if it fits.

Thanks, Yvette. This sounds like what my PCP diagnosed it as 15 years ago.. He didn't call it an "exertion headache" per say but did say I was needed to ease into it bc I was starting out too hard. Thanks for your insight!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

A mast cell is a tumor that produces histamine.