What is the most disturbing thing that society accepts as a normal behaviour?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    lifeovpi wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Tanning and bleaching

I bleach my hair

I meant skin bleaching😅
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Victim blaming.

Doctor prescribes too much of an opioid medication and the patient becomes hooked. Then the doctor doesn't have a plan for getting the patient off the meds, so the patient turns to street drugs to soothe their addiction.

Eventually the person is kicked to the curb by society because there is no help for them to get off the meds. Insurance doesn't cover rehab, or methadone or the lost wages from taking time off to recover from addiction.

It's bullcrap and and American adults are dying from LEGAL drug addiction every day.

Next time you see a used hypodermic needle on the ground, don't get mad at the addict. Get mad at Purdue Pharma and the Sackler family. They are who brought this whole problem in the first place!

Have you seen The Pharmacist on Netflix? Good documentary.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    coworkers crying at work
    AGAIN?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    coworkers crying at work

this is awesome

your phone... it has a camera, right?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    coworkers crying at work
    AGAIN?

What’s reason for the cry - Is there a time where a cry is reasonable and said cryer is given a pass?? Say they found out a close family member died ?? Or should all crying be held until said coworker has exited the building ??
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    coworkers crying at work
    AGAIN?

What’s reason for the cry - Is there a time where a cry is reasonable and said cryer is given a pass?? Say they found out a close family member died ?? Or should all crying be held until said coworker has exited the building ??

no she was just crying because someone got loud with her on the phone nothing major.

i've said it before and i'll say it again though, people need to choke that down at work and go cry in the shower at home like the rest of us.

most every weekday night & always on the weekends........

tenor.gif?itemid=8405143

(I'm just upset here because our towels don't match.)

ok...new answer...towels that do not match
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    coworkers crying at work
    AGAIN?

no she was just crying because someone got loud with her on the phone nothing major.

i've said it before and i'll say it again though, people need to choke that down at work and go cry in the shower at home like the rest of us.

Noted - should put this in the advice thread for sure
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    coworkers crying at work
    AGAIN?

most every weekday night & always on the weekends........

tenor.gif?itemid=8405143

(I'm just upset here because our towels don't match.)

ok...new answer...towels that do not match

see?

they're distressing, aren't they ??
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    toilet cubicles with no sound isolation, I mean really...it’s 2020

It may be 2020, but we're all still a bunch of cheap *kitten* who don't want to shell out more money than we think we ought to for anything, companies especially. :lol:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Fake body parts

Hopefully you mean cosmetic enhancements and not prosthetic limbs for amputees
  • Siberian2590
    Siberian2590 Posts: 57 Member
    hoppgeorge wrote: »
    That someone at my work feels it’s ok to leave smears of fecal matter on the toilet seat. Wtf!?!,!? Can’t you tell? Don’t you look down? Bunch of savages!!!

In my last job (supervisor), one particular employee would race in every morning 5 minutes before his shift was due to start, go in the men's room, drop a huge bomb, try to flush and about half the time it wouldn't. Sometimes he would tell me, sometimes he wouldn't. Either way, eventually I had to deal with it.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Driving a BMW :D