I AM DISCOURAGED!

Options
I have been using this website for three weeks now. I have watched what I eat, only going over twice on calories and I have exercised at least 4 times a week. I thought I would at least see one pound lost. I have only seen weight gain, not a lot of weight just a few pounds but I am very discouraged. I want to lose weight and when I look at the success stories it gives me motivation but also makes me sad because I have yet to see any progress.

What should I do?

Replies

• routerguy666
    Options
    You should open your diary so people can check it out...
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary so we can see what you've been eating?
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell without being able to see your diary. But what does your sodium levels look like? What kind of exercising are you doing? Do you eat back at least some of your exercise calories to ensure you are netting at least 1200 a day?
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Stay encouraged!! We'll do all we can to help you out! Just don't give up.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, sometimes you loose inches off places of your body but don't loose weight because of muscle gain, water retetion can be aprt of it when you start working out... Just keep going and belive in yourself!!
  • MercKlebba
    MercKlebba Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercising are you doing? And for how long each day? Are you eating healthy calories? Or empty ones?
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. If you were not a regular exerciser before you're likely seeing water weight. Take some time and read the forums and you'll find a wealth of information (and similar situations!). Make sure you are eating ENOUGH and have a realistic weight loss goal and over time it'll come together. Don't give up.
  • Don't give up get! You will lose weight soon, I am sure. Are you eating healthy or just eating less? The actual choices in food can definitely influence your weight loss if they are not healthy foods. Try cutting out sugar from your diet for a week or two and see if that helps. Stay strong, you can do it!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Keep at it for a bit longer. Sometimes if you start a workout routine and your body isn't used to it, it can cause the scale to go up (note: not a weight gain). It's probably just your body holding onto water. Drink plenty of water and just keep going, you will see a loss. When I first started, it took me about 3 weeks of eating right and exercising to see a loss. The scale went up a couple pounds, but by the middle of the 4th week, I had a 3lb loss. It can get very discouraging, you just need to keep going and know that you are doing the right thing. Keep your head up :)
  • Wetterhorn
    Options
    Remember, losing weight is hard, maintaining weight is hard, and being overweight is hard. You just need to choosed which hard you want. Also realize that everyday is a new day. Don't give up - keep plugging along. Sometimes one can plateau and not lose or even gain. The trick is to keep on following the plan. :smile:
  • ExFit
    ExFit Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been using this website for three weeks now. I have watched what I eat, only going over twice on calories and I have exercised at least 4 times a week. I thought I would at least see one pound lost. I have only seen weight gain, not a lot of weight just a few pounds but I am very discouraged. I want to lose weight and when I look at the success stories it gives me motivation but also makes me sad because I have yet to see any progress.

What should I do?

I think you should take measurements of your body and look at those results, there is no way that if you are eating right and exercising that you do not see a single result... I have seen it in the past, me gaining weight but my body getting tighter.

My Advice: get yourself a tape measure and look in the mirror not through the scale.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I would try to drink more water & keep following your calories with less sodium. You also may be building muscle & since you have only been doing this for 3 weeks I would not worry b/c you will probably have a signifigant amount of weight loss very soon.
  • tanyadawsonryan
    Options
    Hang in there! Sometimes it takes some time for the scale to move. Keep logging your food, stay in your calorie allowance and keep exercising. Weigh your food to ensure you are logging the proper amount of food, use a heart rate monitor to know the correct amount of calories you are burning. Before I purchased my Polar Heart Rate Monitor, for years I thought I was burning more calories than I actually was. Don't forget to drink at least two liters of water a day to ensure you are not retaining any fluid-It is a pain in the beginning, but after day 3 or so, your body adjusts and you are not running to the washroom every ten minutes.
    Good luck!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, just don't give up! It took me ages to start seeing a change on the scale. My body just doesn't want to give it up easily or fast! Just look for non-scale victories and keep going! Have you been measuring yourself? You can lose inches before you start to lose lbs!

You will get there - it might just take a little longer but you can do it!
  • sqirlyone
    Options
    Keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. I've been working out off and on for many years. Every time I start back up with a diet/workout regimen I notice an increase of wieght early on with an increase of lean muscle and less fat. Remember, its not all about BMI and weight alone, its about lean muscle and fat %. Keep eating healthy and working out and you'll get to where you want to be!!
  • ashlytet
    Options
    I think the others are right, what kinds of foods are you eating?? You can be eating under calories but the wrong foods. Also, when you work out how long are you working out and are you putting in full effort? You may think you are, but it may not be enough. My best recommendation is to get a heart rate monitor. You can get a basic one that tracks you HR or you can get an advanced one that tracks calories burned (which is more expensive). Either way do research on weight, body type, etc and try to keep your heart rate at the recommended level for your body type. DO NOT use the ones at the gym, they are not accurate. What is cool about the ones at the gym though is they sync with you monitor to show the calories burned according to your HR monitor.

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Lilituga
    Lilituga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are using false nutrition numbers? some of them are way off!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You are consuming SO MUCH SODIUM and fizzy drinks (mountain dew and rockstar for example). Those alone can really mess with your system. I've been seen A LOT of high carb and fat foods as well.

Honestly, go out, buy some foods like turkey, chicken, oatmeal, fruits, and veggies and cut back on the fizzy drinks and high sodium (processed) foods and you will see change!!
  • hollybug26
    Options
    I took a look at you food diary and I see you are still taking in a lot of empty calories! Looks like you need a lot more fruits and veggies. Take out pop and the sugary breakfast stuff, PB & J's .

Also what kind of exercise are you doing to be able to take in 1700 calories?? That might be to much. I am doing Turbo Fire and I only take in 1600 a day. Everyone is different but usually unless you are doing a vigorous cardio you don't need that many calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It took more time than that for me to start losing weight, but once it started it was steady. You'll get there.