Excuses to not lose weight...

2»

Replies

• hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    That I'll never maintain any significant loss because I'll get lazy and stop exercing and logging (slightly influenced by experience). So I'm also working on acceptance that just like diet should be governed by moderation, so should exercise and there's just as valid a place for moderate lazyness as activity, which I enjoy anyway. Being a bit lazy sometimes isn't failure and doesn't justify self-sabotage.
  • 12eyeluvu2
    12eyeluvu2 Posts: 2 Member
    So true. I signed up at a gym on January 4th weighing 251 and have only been once. I have a workout room in the basement. I changed my eating habits w/fewer carbs and not eating after 8 PM and I've already lost 7lbs. This motivates me in knowing I'll lose more when I do set an attainable workout routine not what the trainer suggests which is too much w/the time I have. Great Point!
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    I thought I was SOO active because I had 4 young kids and was a SAHM. It felt like I was constantly chasing them around....I didn't think I had the energy to workout and didnt think it would make a difference anyways because I was "already very active".

Well I got a pedometer, and my "active" days didnt even hit 5k steps!!!
  • tdalebar
    tdalebar Posts: 19 Member
    23 and Me says I have more Neanderthal DNA than 97% of their customers, so I told myself I'm genetically predisposed to being short and stocky, and blamed my weight on the modern culture of 3 meals a day with gadgets and gizmos to make 21st century life too easy. Also, it was the refrigerator's fault.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2020
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    That I'll never maintain any significant loss because I'll get lazy and stop exercing and logging (slightly influenced by experience). So I'm also working on acceptance that just like diet should be governed by moderation, so should exercise and there's just as valid a place for moderate lazyness as activity, which I enjoy anyway. Being a bit lazy sometimes isn't failure and doesn't justify self-sabotage.

I had one of those 'bit lazy' days yesterday, along with the temporary mindset of 'well, I goofed by eating something I shouldn't have so might as well finish off the day accordingly'. I seem to have one of those days once a month so I've now made up my mind to allow myself one of those days every month. As long as I get right back to it the next day. :) That's where my habits/mindset have changed. It used to be I'd chalk it up to failure and gain everything back, but now it's an oops and right back to it.

And yes, that darn DNA Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!