Taco pizza

cnjg6677
cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
Does anyone have a low calorie version of this

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    ... The Taco Bell version only has 530 calories. Were you looking to go lower than that?
  • cnjg6677
    I was looking for homemade
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Right, but a home made version is going to use the same ingredients and typically end up at around the same number of calories for size. Mine end up being about 700 calories because I pile on the meats for protein and I'm not shy with the cheese. Essentially, it's a tortilla with refried beans and cheese on top, with some tomato, black olive and green onion for garnish and a bit of hot sauce if you're feeling frisky. The tortilla, beans, and cheese quantity will control your calories. You can do low fat beans, low fat cheese or a smaller tortilla if you like - just evaluate what part of the equation is most important to you and cut back on the other calorie dense parts of the recipe. Use less beans or a smaller tortilla maybe? It's a matter of preference at that point.

It may be some form of heresy, but my favorite hot sauce for Tex-Mex pizza is Sriracha... :)
  • cnjg6677
    Thank you both so much I’m
    Definitely gonna try those recipes
  • Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    Why don’t you use a tortilla, smother with tomato paste, with fried herbs sprinkled over, any veg you want with chicken,chorizo, ham,bacon etc of your choice with a small sprinkling of cheese over the top. Cook in the oven for 5 mins x
  • cnjg6677
    Great idea I’m definitely gonna try this and maybe crumble some tortilla chips on it
    Mandy72CM wrote: »
    Why don’t you use a tortilla, smother with tomato paste, with fried herbs sprinkled over, any veg you want with chicken,chorizo, ham,bacon etc of your choice with a small sprinkling of cheese over the top. Cook in the oven for 5 mins x

• johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    I use tortilla to make pizza as well