how can I eat less?

Options
My partner insists that I eat twice a day even on the days they're too busy for our usual four-mile bird-watching walk before breakfast. I like breakfast but am not fond of meat so i tend to pick at whatever they buy for dinner. then they get pissy at the wasted money and i get frustrated and suggest they stock up on PBJ makings. I am profoundly indifferent to food.

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    This sounds more like a relationship issue. Counseling?
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy your own food? Start to develop habits of what to eat, then aim for weight loss. Go to the supermarket with a list. I understand indifference towards food. First step is to get a pen and paper and write down typical meals, whether you cook or not (I don't cook).
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Is there some reason why you aren't getting to choose your own dinner? That doesn't sound right to me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    My partner insists that I eat twice a day even on the days they're too busy for our usual four-mile bird-watching walk before breakfast. I like breakfast but am not fond of meat so i tend to pick at whatever they buy for dinner. then they get pissy at the wasted money and i get frustrated and suggest they stock up on PBJ makings. I am profoundly indifferent to food.

Are you saying that if you don't walk 4 miles a day, you would rather eat only once a day? I'm just trying to get a picture of what's going on, so that recommendations can be appropriate. How many calories per day are you getting? Maybe partner is worried you are under eating, or not getting enough nutrition in general? Sounds like protein might be an issue for you.
  • emmabrookes1
    emmabrookes1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Why do they cook and serve you meat when you don't like it?
    Why is the choice either meat or PBJ?
    From the little you've written, to me it doesn't sound like there's healthy communication going on.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's going on in this post, but I say let your partner be "pissy" and eat what you want. S/he will get over it or there's a bigger issue here.

Buy your own PBJ makings.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options

Thanks. But...

::fireflywaitwhatgif::
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Thanks. But...

::fireflywaitwhatgif::

Wut?