Motivation

Options
Just looking for motivation.. With mfp app. Can you tell me those that lost, what did you set it to to lose.. 1 or 2 lbs a week..? Did you just eat those amounts of calories a day to lose. Any workout in the beginning..? When did you start to see weight loss?.. I posted a post down a bit about starting and failing and I'm just trying to get some motivation to start thank you

Replies

• riagan1
    riagan1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nobody? That's, depressing
  • Justinrw86
    Justinrw86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started doing mfp just about a year ago. I started off with just the very minimum effort of logging calories and trying to stay within the goals that were set. At first it was rough and of course there were setbacks but once it became habit I started seeing results fairly quickly. On the flip side, once my body got used to the normal routine I hit plateaus seemingly one after the other. You’re gonna have good days and bad days. The important thing is to not let the bad days discourage you too much.
  • riagan1
    riagan1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input. How much did you lose
  • Justinrw86
    Options
    So far I’m 54 lbs down. It’s a long road for sure, but worth every minute I think.
  • Justinrw86
    Options
    Feel free to add or message me if you’d like. I know it can be a big help to have someone to talk to for support and motivation
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    50 lbs lost, no real exercise, used a food scale for everything..... then thought I "had it", stopped logging, regained 30 lbs and back at it again, but working out this time.
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started in Jan this year. I’m down 19 lbs so far. I have mine set to 1.5lbs a week. It says 1480 calories but I round up to 1500. I do intermittent fasting (18:6) and low carb too. I also exercise pretty almost everyday. I usually go for a walk.
  • nagosto1985
    nagosto1985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started about a month ago. Lost 7Lbs. Still getting use to this, but tracking calories and eating right, exercising seems to be working out. Set to 1lb a week.