I just walked 10 miles & burned 1100 calories

Options
Yes, it is true. My husband and I are training for a mini in April and today was the day we were to go 10 miles. So this morning we did 6 miles and this afternoon we completed the remaining 4 by 2pm. Our pace this morning was 3.5mph and then this afternoon our pace was 3.0 mph. I can't believe we did the whole thing. Based on the readings, I burned 1103 calories. Can you tell I'm excited :noway:

Replies

• swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is true. My husband and I are training for a mini in April and today was the day we were to go 10 miles. So this morning we did 6 miles and this afternoon we completed the remaining 4 by 2pm. Our pace this morning was 3.5mph and then this afternoon our pace was 3.0 mph. I can't believe we did the whole thing. Based on the readings, I burned 1103 calories. Can you tell I'm excited :noway:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    THAT IS SPECTACULAR...............Never mind the close to 1/2 pound you just burned....your body is gonna love this extra effort and what a great distance 10 miles is! GREAT JOB!

:drinker:

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Wonderful swiftyoung :flowerforyou: what an achievement :drinker: you must be feeling on top of the world:wink::bigsmile:

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
  • SableGrey
    Options
    WOW....that's GREAT! I only do a mile a day....lol. I can't image doing TEN!!!! good job!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Congrats! My puppy would LOVE you guys. We take her for 3 mile walks, pretty much daily, but she always wants MORE.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tomyhealth
    Options
    Wow that is great. I'm going to use this as inspiration for my workout tonight, I ate way to much today.

WAY TO GO!!!!!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks,you guys are great.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am envious! I haven't done much today, but I did some good exercise yesterday. It is true, isn't it, that the more you do, the more you feel like doing it!:smile:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Great job!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome, that is great.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Great work! This is exactly the way to jump-start the old metabolism. If you keep it up, you will reach your goal in no time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!