Can I sync my MFP app on my phone to the website on my computer?

Options
ebygin
ebygin Posts: 13 Member
I have the MyFitnessPal as an app on my phone to track my steps. I find it easier to add food and exercise to the website on my laptop. I also use pacer on my phone for steps. If I can't sync MFP app, can I sync the Pacer app. I am not very computer and iPhone savvy, so I need help!
I just don't like adding everything twice.....
Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ebygin wrote: »
    I have the MyFitnessPal as an app on my phone to track my steps. I find it easier to add food and exercise to the website on my laptop. I also use pacer on my phone for steps. If I can't sync MFP app, can I sync the Pacer app. I am not very computer and iPhone savvy, so I need help!
    I just don't like adding everything twice.....
    Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

It's the same account (site and app), so one should automatically update the other.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    You can use the Pacer App as your step counter. I don't see why MFP, directly, would be more accurate in counting steps than Pacer.

MFP apps automatically connect to the MFP website and vice versa as long as you're using the same account and login and you have data / wi-fi / network connectivity on your phone.

While there might be an occasional delay, if your account is not automatically updating and populating both the app and website with the same information after a couple of manual "sync" commands... then I would open up a ticket with support.
  • ebygin
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. My accounts are not the same.

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I can't get pacer to attach to MFP
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options

If you want the same info on the website and the app, you'll have to be logged in on both with the same account. So you'll need to choose one of your two accounts (I would choose the one which has all your food entries, finding all your favorite foods again is a hassle). Unless there is a way to merge the two accounts, but I don't think so.
  • ebygin
    Options
    Pipsquesk, I cannot get my Pacer to sync with MFP either...
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Just our of curiosity, why do you have a different MFP account for your phone app and for the computer? You should be able to login with the same username and password on both and then all your data is automatically there.