Best Tasting..

Options
Protein Powder would you say? I currently use Isopure Dutch Chocolate because it doesn’t taste like a protein drink if you get my drift but curious what brands u would think taste yummy without a lot of sugar. Thanks for sharing with me if you do. Blessings🙏🏼

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I find combining them with coffee and making a frappe-y drink helps mask that protein-powder taste for me. I'm vegan so I use the vega chocolate or vanilla blended with instant coffee (bc I'm cheap and lazy), and maybe mix in some crushed ice or almond milk to make the texture more interesting. It works just fine with water too, though. I've gotten into a bad habit of not using those, so this is a good reminder :) thanks!
  • mada2u1984
    mada2u1984 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I find combining them with coffee and making a frappe-y drink helps mask that protein-powder taste for me. I'm vegan so I use the vega chocolate or vanilla blended with instant coffee (bc I'm cheap and lazy), and maybe mix in some crushed ice or almond milk to make the texture more interesting. It works just fine with water too, though. I've gotten into a bad habit of not using those, so this is a good reminder :) thanks!
    oh yes I meant to say I also use expresso shots in my protein drink, give me that extra kick I need sometimes lol Thanks
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Quest salted caramel
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I like Teras whey - bourbon vanilla
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    I like Teras whey - bourbon vanilla
    Quest salted caramel

Thanks for your suggestions 🤗
  • Muffin_top88
    Muffin_top88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love French toast from 1up nutrition
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with the new Isopure Infusions that blend "clear". It's like drinking flavored water.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My fiancé has a favorite go-to: Optimum Nutrition in Double Rich Chocolate
    He can have it straight in water, but likes it most with peanut butter and banana
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Quest protein powder for sure!
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    GNCs Pro Performance cookies and cream is great! Was afraid it’d be artificial tasting or too sweet but it tastes like Oreos
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Myprotien chocolate. Great flavor and texture at a great price.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    PEScience and Quest are my favorites.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I recall have heard someone say Isopure is actually some of the worst tasting, so I've never bothered trying them, particularly given they also seem pricier and there isn't that much it seems one could gain from a particularly great isolate.
    For taste per price, Dymatize would be my pick.
    If it is purely taste, I think some of the more unique and hard to get Cellucor one's have been the tastiest, followed by Quest.
    I've heard Syntha 6 is some of the best tasting, but when I look at the calories, I feel like I can't justify it versus just eating a somewhat small treat and just having a regular protein shake.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I recall have heard someone say Isopure is actually some of the worst tasting, so I've never bothered trying them, particularly given they also seem pricier and there isn't that much it seems one could gain from a particularly great isolate.
    For taste per price, Dymatize would be my pick.
    If it is purely taste, I think some of the more unique and hard to get Cellucor one's have been the tastiest, followed by Quest.
    I've heard Syntha 6 is some of the best tasting, but when I look at the calories, I feel like I can't justify it versus just eating a somewhat small treat and just having a regular protein shake.

I am a big fan of Cellucor, especially Cinnamon Swirl and Peanut Butter Marshmallow. Super tasty.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Black coffee + Muscle Milk RTD Coffee House Cafe Latte
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

I've been an avid MyProtein customer for years. They offer low-cost sample pouches of different flavors to try before you buy a big bag and have whey concentrate, isolate, blends, and plant-based options.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »

I've been an avid MyProtein customer for years. They offer low-cost sample pouches of different flavors to try before you buy a big bag and have whey concentrate, isolate, blends, and plant-based options.

Glad to hear this, I have been wanting to try them out!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I think they're all pretty meh...but I use ON Whey Isolate chocolate as it is the most decent one I've tasted and they sell it at Costco. Pretty much if Costco doesn't carry it, I'm not buying it as that is where 90% of our grocery and household shopping takes place. Even most of my clothes come from Costco.
  • mada2u1984
    Options
    Thanks all 🙏🏼
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Beach body caffe mocha is my favorite but cost a fortune lol.