Intermittent Fasting

Looking for more people on the IF journey. I’m fairly new to it, but am really enjoying it. Who all does it? I do a 16:8 right now, but will probably switch to 18:6. Feel free to add (:

Replies

• Strange_Fire
    Strange_Fire Posts: 30 Member
    I love IF!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I think IF is helping me. I am a 16:8 and hadn't thought of changing. I am diabetic and would be a little shaky but maybe in the future. I am not so hungry and I get full quickly so 'have' to eat smaller amounts now.
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    I would like to join. I will do 20:8
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Sunshinfit wrote: »
    I would like to join. I will do 20:8
    Sorry I meant 20:4
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    I did IF 18:6 for about 7 months and lost 12 kgs a couple of years ago. I had a super stressful year last year, was drinking a lot and comfort eating and gained 15kgs. I started IF again last week 20:4. IF and logging my food works for me.
  • NeachyBird
    NeachyBird Posts: 16 Member
    I also do IF 16:8 , it's been working for me , and I'm not hungry usually. I know it works well because I have been on and off IF for a couple years . Now sticking to it and the weight is coming off thank goodness!
  • crosenbaum37
    crosenbaum37 Posts: 1 Member
    I started 16:8 last week, thus far I feel a little better energy and physically for the most part but have not dropped any weight from it. I am more active than I was previously too, wondering for those of you when you first started how long it took to start dropping pounds from it?
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I started 16:8 last week, thus far I feel a little better energy and physically for the most part but have not dropped any weight from it. I am more active than I was previously too, wondering for those of you when you first started how long it took to start dropping pounds from it?

I’m dropping it fast. I’m down 18 lbs this morning since Jan (this year lol). I do 18:6. That’s with 1500 cal a day/low carb and regular exercise.
  • Taytaylynn92
    Taytaylynn92 Posts: 230 Member

I’m dropping it fast. I’m down 18 lbs this morning since Jan (this year lol). I do 18:6. That’s with 1500 cal a day/low carb and regular exercise.
    Wow, that’s awesome!
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member

Wow, that’s awesome!

Thank you! I’m 47 and still pretty heavy. I have a lot more to go. I got my dad doing it too and he’s dropping it fast. My blood pressure has gone down significantly too. I would definitely recommend anyone giving it a shot.
  • Taytaylynn92
    Taytaylynn92 Posts: 230 Member
    Still trying to find more friends that have this as their lifestyle. Always looking for active friends for help and support
  • ktsj2015
    ktsj2015 Posts: 65 Member
    Sorry for the hijack I’ve never done IF but I do naturally eat during a limited window daily. Has anyone got some good resources? Do you guys still log your calories?
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    I’m doing 16:8/17:7/18:6 or basically whichever fits for the day. I’ve tried “clean” fasting and I don’t know if it’s sustainable for me. When I put in a little unsweetened almond milk and creamer it really helps me go longer. But then it’s a “dirty” fast. I’m still tracking my calories, too. I get 1360 a day.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    ktsj2015 wrote: »
    Sorry for the hijack I’ve never done IF but I do naturally eat during a limited window daily. Has anyone got some good resources? Do you guys still log your calories?

IF isn't a magical window of free eating. It is simply a way to control intake. You still need to be in a deficit to lose, equal to maintain, and surplus to gain. If counting cals is how you achieve that, then continue to do so.
  • jmhudso
    jmhudso Posts: 1 Member
    Looking for more people on the IF journey. I’m fairly new to it, but am really enjoying it. Who all does it? I do a 16:8 right now, but will probably switch to 18:6. Feel free to add (:

I am just starting as well, 16/8 don't think I would push to anything else. I like doing this one.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    I don't understand what the time stands for ? Like 18:9? What does that mean? I know i eat smaller portions. An i drink lots of water. Please explain I.F an these times you all have labeled if you would please?
  • anne2064
    anne2064 Posts: 17 Member
    I just started IF and I find it helps me stay honest. I eat between 11am-7pm 16 hours fasting:8 hours of 1200 calories. Lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    @wwwtheselion11 - 18:6 is fasting for 16 hours and allowing yourself only an 8 hour window to eat
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Ok i usually do this on the weekends. Once a month. Thank you for explaining the time to me.