IM GETTING MARRIED! Helpppppp!!

Hiiii everyone, my name is Katie! About 7 years ago I used to weight 17 stone (I’m 5ft4!) I lost 8 stone in a very short amount of time, about 6 months! I had some surgery to get rid of lose skin, was over the moon but then I became obsessive with weight! My marriage broke down and the gym was my only outlet! Then 3 years ago I met my partner who I love dearly but I’ve ballooned upto 14 stone 😩 I work long hours at our business so the only real exercise I get is walking the dog! I’m getting married in jan in jamaica and want to look my best so my mum recommended this! Help a sister out!! Please follow me so I can stalk your food diaries! X

Replies

• You have a year? Got this! I'm getting hitched in May, so a bit less time! Let's keep each other SANE and progress in a non-obsessed but focused way :-)
  • katier8910
    katier8910 Posts: 4 Member
    You have a year? Got this! I'm getting hitched in May, so a bit less time! Let's keep each other SANE and progress in a non-obsessed but focused way :-)

Hey! I have but i feel like I need this whole year haha! I can’t promise not to turn obsessed but it’s a deal!
  • danger1108
    danger1108 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello! I'm also getting married, though not til September 2021 (gotta save that money). Feel free to add me!
  • katier8910
    katier8910 Posts: 4 Member
    danger1108 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm also getting married, though not til September 2021 (gotta save that money). Feel free to add me!
    Tell me about it! Expensive stuff this getting married! I think I’ve added you, I don’t know how this works haha
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,551 Member
    I am currently not adding to my friend list, so a bit hesitant to post in a thread asking for friends.

A small note of caution in the interest of everyone succeeding in meeting their goals.

Larger deficits for people who have exhibited any kind of ED related behaviour in the past are a potential independent trigger.

If I had a past experience that would indicate I was prone to such, I would make sure to keep to a reasonable deficit and not to give in to any desire to rush things. Just because 2lbs or even 1.5lbs a week are considered "safe", this does not mean that they are safe and optimal for everyone.

1lb a week for a year is >50 lbs. That's quite noticeable. And puts you, perhaps, in a longer term path of exploring how to make more sustainable changes that are can fit within your lifestyle.

Cheers!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am currently not adding to my friend list, so a bit hesitant to post in a thread asking for friends.

A small note of caution in the interest of everyone succeeding in meeting their goals.

Larger deficits for people who have exhibited any kind of ED related behaviour in the past are a potential independent trigger.

If I had a past experience that would indicate I was prone to such, I would make sure to keep to a reasonable deficit and not to give in to any desire to rush things. Just because 2lbs or even 1.5lbs a week are considered "safe", this does not mean that they are safe and optimal for everyone.

1lb a week for a year is >50 lbs. That's quite noticeable. And puts you, perhaps, in a longer term path of exploring how to make more sustainable changes that are can fit within your lifestyle.

Cheers!

Seconding this. Your previous weight loss was very rapid (too rapid), and you by your own admission became obsessive about your weight. A more sustainable approach this time around is in order. I'm sure you want to look good on your wedding day, but also after your wedding day. And be both physically and mentally healthy in the process. One lb per week will achieve all of those things.

And I really do wish those that go around disagreeing with anyone advocating for smaller, more sustainable deficits would put their money where their finger is and explain their rationale.
  • crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    Getting married in September. Sending friend request. :-)