Over 40 with 100+ Pounds to lose looking for accountability partners

Wow! This sounds like a singles add lol!!!

I’m Jen... I have lost and gained weight several times doing fad diets. I am here now to go slow and steady eating regular foods, no gimmicks, no cutting out a type of food, just a long term, attainable balanced food lifestyle. It will take me a long time (at least 14 months... probably 2 years) which is why I am looking for people to join me on this journey to help me stay consistent and kick my butt or offer encouragement when I need it along the way! Looking forward to making some new friends!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    I too am over 40 with 100+ lbs . to lose... you are welcome to add me ...would love to cheer you on while you are on your journey :)
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    You got this!
  • spizwoman
    spizwoman Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m Heather ... I to would love to bring my weight down . Have children and grandchildren , that I want to spend more time with . I try to stay active ,biking . Still working . Widow for the pass two years, it changes your life and eating routine .
    Would love to join your journey of weight lost .
  • jamilt
    jamilt Posts: 25 Member
    I'm Jay and I'm getting back on track. I have picked up a few more than I care to keep... I'm ready to go hard in the paint...
  • Kelly_sayer
    Kelly_sayer Posts: 7 Member
    Hi
    I 'm 44 and need to lose weight for better health and so I can keep up when cycling in UK Breeze group rides. I have embarrassingly had to leave rides mid way through, because I was so unfit. I have a lot to lose! (But trying not to focus on how much, instead focus on short term goals like not eating crap when triggered or emotions are pushed) From UK. Looking to add friends but can't seem to get my head around this app on mobile.
    Please add me if you can.
    Thanks for reading

• thejanzen5
    thejanzen5 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello. I am 40 and have 100Ibs to lose! I have literally done almost every diet and always gain weight back. I'm so tired of fad diets and want to change my lifestyle and make it more manageable.
    I would also love some support and accountability to stay the course very long term!
    Nicole 😁
  • crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    Sending request :-)
  • prophet74
    prophet74 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm Brian... 45 and an even 100 to lose. I'm hoping to find some accountability here to keep my fat butt motivated!
  • aolwapoody
    aolwapoody Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm Wanda. I'm 54, and am crippled with severe RA. I've been on a high dose of steroid for the past 4 years which has led to a weight gain of 150 Lbs. If it doesn't come off, I'm gonna die, so I've been doing this for the past 2 weeks, so far so good. I log in every day and have been under allotted calories every day - I already notice a difference, but this is such a long road! - Out on the road that lies before me now, there are some turns where I may spin, I only hope that you can hold me now, till I can gain control again.